Hack windshield braces

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Hack windshield braces
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Benjey on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 07:48 am:

Can anyone tell me where I might buy braces such as those in this photo? Lang's say their source has retired.

WindshieldBraces

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 09:01 am:

Buy some 3/8 rod by 6 ft length,and thread ends. make them yourself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Benjey on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 09:54 am:

Would a short carriage bolt be welded to the top end for a nicer appearance?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 07:03 pm:

Or maybe an acorn nut.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 11:14 pm:

Tom As Jack states buy some rod and make them . If you really want them to look nice use bright nuts and washers on the visible side and the top end a bright acorn nut and flat washer. My Depot hack does not have the visible braces. The rods could be either powder coated or some good black paint applied. Several good choice could be done.

Any way you do it will be nice and you will get a lot of compliments, so for now go out and enjoy the ride!!!!!!!I think on my profile you can see my T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 05:58 am:

They will look period correct if you can use pre-rusted rod from some other application. Heat the ends cherry red and pound them flat and drill for bolts of your choice. The flattened ends can be bent to the angle required.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 10:37 am:

If you are going to use them also has grab bars when getting in you will need a larger rod than 3/8, maybe 5/8.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration