'27 tranny in a '25

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: '27 tranny in a '25
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 08:54 am:

I'm hoping to install a rebuilt 1927 engine/transmission set-up in my '25 coupe and was wondering if I could use the earlier pedals in the later hogshead and avoid having to change my floorboards and carpet. Thanks : Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 11:13 am:

I have a 22 with a 26 engine and transmission. It has the old style pedals. It was that way when I bought the car. So I know it is possible. I don't know whether the pedals were riveted to the 26 shafts or the older shafts were installed in the transmission, but anyway it can be done.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Mullins Spokane Wa. on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 11:51 am:

The low pedal inter fears with the parking brake handle,I used the earlier pedal for low & the wide pedal for the brake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 12:48 pm:

Just bend them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 06:54 pm:

The prior owner of my 1914 Touring added the later trans. He kept the original brake pedal but used the wide clutch pedal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 07:18 pm:

I have a late engine with early pedals in my 1924 roadster. It has a 26-7 hogshead and I removed the wide pedals and added the early narrow type. The original floorboards drop in, and looks stock from the outside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 07:26 pm:

Thanks Guys : Thats good news for me as it will save me some work and a new carpet. Thanks again: Bruce

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration