New low speed notch: Reason for different size holes?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: New low speed notch: Reason for different size holes?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 11:56 am:

The hole in the new shaft is " and one of the holes in the new notch is also ". But looking through the " hole you can see that the one on the other side is smaller, about 13/64". I suspect it's OK to drill out the smaller hole to ", but I'd better ask. Is there a legitimate reason for the smaller hole, or is it just a mistake?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 11:59 am:

If you put the smaller hole on the bottom and turn down the pin to fit it's less likely to fall out due to a bad pean.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

It is so that you can install it on your shaft and then ream or drill the hole to 1/4". That way it aligns perfectly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

I like what Royce said!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 12:51 pm:

Aha! That makes sense.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 01:26 am:

Or maybe it's a taper pin?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 04:38 am:

Royce got it right, if you read the bag these repo pieces come it it tells you to run the 1/4 drill through the larger hole for perfect alignment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 09:57 am:

Yeah, but... The part came to me unbagged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 10:13 pm:

Royce has it. I have noticed, however, that some of them are not clocked correctly and put the pedal head and clutch link arm in the wrong spot making it impossible to successfully adjust the band to clutch transition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 10:27 pm:

See what happens when you buy unbagged parts ! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration