OT - I Can't Be This Lucky!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - I Can't Be This Lucky!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 12:49 pm:

I've had an absolutely astonishing run of good luck lately. I have received emails informing me that I'm the winner of a bunch of $50 gift certificates. Some are for Costco, some for Target, some for Walmart, and others.

I dump them unopened, but I'm curios. What's the scam?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 01:05 pm:

Henry, I think those are only redeemable at the Costco, Target and Walmart stores in Nigeria!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 01:12 pm:

Probably trolling for Credit Card info, or passwords.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry Hibbs on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 01:45 pm:

Perhaps this is the scam, trying to suck you in to a survey.

http://www.scam-detector.com/social-networking-scams/free-gift-card

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 01:59 pm:

It's also possible, maybe even likely, that when you click the link to access the "gift certificates" the script set up by the thief will load some tracking software on your computer which will over time allow the thief to gather all kinds of info about you, including your credit card number(s) along with the security code when these items are entered for legitimate online purchases.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 02:21 pm:

Slightly off topic, but I received an email from "Stan Howe" with some funny characters in the print.
Don't get me wrong, I respect Stan immensely from what I've heard about him. But I've never met him nor spoken to him, and I'm sure he doesn't need my input on anything!
I waited for someone on the forum to mention they also got one from him, and what it was about, but never saw anything. I finally deleted it unopened for fear someone had hacked his account.
At least whoever sent it could have offered $50 off on something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 05:41 pm:

LOL,if you think Stan going to send you money,you are in for a fooling! I think it was like you said,SPAM.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration