Old Photo - Co-Operative Laundry Trucks At Work, River Falls, Wis.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Co-Operative Laundry Trucks At Work, River Falls, Wis.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 09:45 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 08:48 pm:

I WAS BORN ABOUT 2 BLOCKS FROM THAT BUILDING!
It was still a laundry and dry cleaners when I came to Ca. in 1966.
After my mother died in 1957 my dad married a woman we knew, a third or 4th cousin to my mother, that was working there.
My first girl friend's mother also was working there at that time. I used to pick her up and give her a ride up the hill where they lived on the sub zero days when I was in high school.
I don't think is was called Co-op Laundry in my time though.
There was a Co-op grain elevator and Co-op gas station there too.
The street was paved in the days I remember.
I also remember the owner, since my step ma was working there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Branigan on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 11:33 pm:

Aaron, You must of been born in the city hospital two blocks south of there. The hospital was tore down a couple of years ago to make room to the new city hall. The Co-op has been gone for a long time. I have lived in River Falls all my life, if you ever get this way we will take a ride in my 10T and show you the town. What a small world. Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 12:21 am:

Aaron and Pat, I too spent the first 21 years of my life in Wisconsin. Have you heard of Hamburg, Wisconsin? That's kind'a between Wausau and Merrill. That's where I acquired the Model T, that I still own, in 1945.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 07:36 am:

Sharp looking T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 10:09 pm:

Pat, I knew Bud and Buster Branigan.
One was the company commander when I was in the National Guard.
I grew up 2 miles from their mother and step father Buster Creswell who farmed at the top of Clifton Hollow. He trapped mink and beaver along the Kinnickinnik in the winter time.
The hospital I was born in was all wood.
It became an old people's home when they built a new hospital next to it on the north side.
I used to delight in telling people I was born in the old people's home.
My mother and my dad died in the old hospital. My grand mother died in the old wooden one when it was an old people's home.
That was all one block south and one block west of the picture of the laundry posted above.
I have heard the old one was torn down and a new hospital was built on that corner some time in the last 50 years. Now that's gone?

Hall, I have heard of Hamburg, Wis. but I doubt if I have ever been there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

Great looking T , like the bed. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 11:28 pm:

Hal and Aaron, You former Wisconsin guys should come back and visit sometime! :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 11:35 pm:

Kieth, I did go back once at Chrismas time, 1973.
I left New Year's Eve morning, it was -35.
My '29 Nash was made in Kenosha, of I remember right.
Actually I was in Wis. in 1984 the last time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 11:45 pm:

Aaron, I'd like to suggest that you come to Wisconsin again. Yes, Nashes were all made here in Kenosha. I even worked there (it was AMC by then) for about two years while attending school.

This summer we're having another Nash / Rambler / AMC / Jeffrey reunion. There will be several hundred cars here for it, with good displays in the Kenosha History Center Rambler Gallery too. This will be held in late July, I think, but I don't have the exact dates. The main show will be on a Saturday in Kennedy Park which is right on Lake Michigan. We have these every 3 to 4 years and they're lots of fun.

I'll find out the dates and post them here tomorrow.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Branigan on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 07:02 pm:

Aaron, You sure have a good memory. Buster was my father, He had a couple black Ts witch got my brother Mike and myself hooked on Horseless carriages, I can't think of another hobby that there is so many good people involved and willing to help others. I was honored to have the chance to meet Bryan Ostergren in September when he parked his truck and trailer at my house for 37 days as he made his way out east in his T duplicating a trip his Grandfather had done 100 years to the day, He's a real veteran to the hobby. I would also like to thank Jay for all the great pictures that he takes the time to post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 10:09 pm:

Just got an email from Pat Branigan.
For 34 years he has lived a mile across the field from where I was raised.
Where he lives there was once a 1908 Yale sitting outside of the shed.
Pat's granbmothers husband sold it to a junk dealer, Rudy Larson, who restored it and drove it in the Wisconsin Sentenial parade in River Falls. 1946. I saw the parade.
When the owner went home up the hill a block south of the picture Hall posted they had to tow it with ropes to get it up Hospital hill.
The last I knew the car was in Hudson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 10:10 pm:

Aaron, The Nash / Rambler / AMC / Jeffrey reunion event will be held on July 26th through 30th, 2017. For more information on it, check the Kenosha History Center website, and click on Events.

Model T content since this is the MTFCA site, of course, is that we'll be returning from the joint MTFCA / MTFCI Tour in Montana that week and may not be at much of the Nash reunion, except for the big show on Saturday, July 29th.

Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration