Old Photo - Model T Era - The Notch, Plymouth Union, Vermont

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - The Notch, Plymouth Union, Vermont
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 09:54 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 12:34 pm:

Intersection of rt 100A and rt 100. Things don't change very fast in rural VT!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 12:44 pm:

overland by the tree. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 12:54 pm:

Wondefully sterilized of all it's organic character. Thank goodness for
standardized codes and building rules.

I'd sure like to go inspect that old New England Tel & Tel line running
up the gulch. The short top arm was typical pre-1895 construction, while
the longer ten pin lower arm became the norm after that.

I love the organic feel of the old photo. A cat or dog would be safe to lay
about in the road. All I see in the new photo is a great place to get run over
by speeding idiots who blindly pass what had once been a cool place, on
their way to "other places".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 04:41 pm:

Burger, I use to work in Vermont for ConWay Central Express out of Bellows Falls. Did you know that it was/is legal in Vermont to pass on a double yellow line, if you think it's safe to do so!

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 05:08 pm:

When that early photo was taken, passing TT's on double
yellow ruts in the dirt road WAS pretty much safe any time ! :-)

Anyone else see the problem of our accelerated paradigm here ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 05:33 pm:

In the near future we will have automatic computer driven cars. Any "accidents" will be the fault of computer programs or electrical malfunctions. People will eventually live in a virtual reality, not knowing what reality is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 05:48 pm:

If you speak to a resident of the Green Mountain state, you will be told "I'm a Vermonta, and I'll do as I wantta".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 07:40 pm:

Burger, I'm with you on your thoughts. Royce, I hope it aint too near, but no doubt it's coming. Hopefully I'll be dead by the time all that mayhem starts in. And we thought the Jetsons was just fiction!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 08:36 pm:

Warren, that rule is probably like that because, at least at one time, a lot of vehicles you might encounter were tractors going 20 mph. Many years ago, I was one of the kids driving those tractors. It was before the Interstates were completed in northern VT, so all the tourist traffic was on the 2-lane state highways. You'd be amazed where people try to pass a tractor!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 08:32 am:

Bill Harper & Chris Landry, having worked in Vermont for over a decade I am well aware that what your saying is true. Chris, the problem that I have found is that not all Vermonters realize that when traveling in states out side Vermont that rule does not apply.

Happy motoring,

Warren

ps: there are still some great treasures to be found in Vermont

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 08:46 am:

Tim: at least George had a stick to pilot his vehicle to the nearest cloud when pulled over by the space police for speeding! Royce: when we have computer driven cars does that mean there will be no need for a drivers license, how will they replace that revenue?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 11:46 am:

Since this thread is going sideways ...

Has anyone heard a viable "pro" argument for why an automated-
driver car is a good idea ? Is that so people can now text at will ?

I am at a loss to see where any of this is worthy of all the research
money, let alone a good idea ? Sounds like someone trying to sell
me on a good recipe for turds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 10:37 am:

ps: there are still some great treasures to be found in Vermont

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 10:42 am:

Oh yeah, that last photo of the crew was once we got Paul's December 1915 per engine number (so Burger will not have to ask) Model T tractor out of the 2nd floor of that barn.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration