The new photo gallery

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: The new photo gallery
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 10:42 am:

The new MTFCI website's photo gallery is better than the MTFCA gallery for picture size.

I submitted this picture to the MTFCA gallery at the maximum allowable file size.

This is one of the shots I submitted to the MTFCI gallery. As you see, it fills much more of the screen.

Being new, this gallery doesn't have a lot of pictures in it yet. But you'll see that a few of them are smaller than they need to be. If you submit some photos, I'd suggest that you make them a little too big to fit your screen and let the webmaster fit them to the format.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 12:47 am:

Great pics Steve!
I dunno if my cell phone pics would be welcome there. My dumb (smart) phone takes pics big as the sun. I should try it out tho. Interesting thoughts!
They have always have had grand pic threads!

IF I could do it, I'd take your second pic, and make it a black and white photo. We'd never know if that pic was a hundred years old or no...
Gorgeous pic of that Ford of yours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 01:11 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 02:20 am:

Duey: I wonder just how "old"/ "Young" Steve really? I have o say he is a pretty good fellow. I saw him in 2012 and took him to lunch and had a good visit at his home and shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 12:15 pm:

I don't think Steve's old... He's just been around a while...!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

"Old" is not measured in years. Steve's a pretty young guy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 12:55 pm:

Only 75. The fifteen-year-old inside, who took the selfie, is wondering what the heck happened.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 02:05 pm:

WOW Steve! That old tin type really came out clear! :-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 06:02 pm:

Ha ... drive that old T to Rochester and I'll make a real tintype of it .. free of charge. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 06:22 pm:

So few things to indicate a modern photo! OK yous guys, how many things could indicate old verses modern pic? ;-)
Great photo Steve and thank you!
Is that the running board support with the slight bow in it under the car? That one on my '24 has always wanted to be like that.. Oh, it's an earlier frame. It's what I had at the time and it's still there.

Your selfie: Ain't that the truth! The little boy inside me gets so darned excited about things still... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 06:35 pm:

I guess my misdirected joke was about the photo of Steve when he was 15 and a tin type. Matthew Brady did a good photo shoot that day. :-):-):-)

Just kidding Steve...we all know you taught Matthew Brady.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 08:29 pm:

Great Black & White Steve!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 09:15 pm:

50 Star Flag and and ADT Sign are the only clues I see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 09:51 pm:

Matthew Brady could've learned a couple things about photos from our/your MR Jelf perhaps. Yes, I realize some of the things that Mr. Brady saw. Yuck.
Fantastic photographer, by the way.
Even a folded up flag like that Andy? Good eyes. :-) I was gonna say but dared not...
Andy grabbed a couple of things I missed. What's ADT? I think security.
How many things on the running board are really out of place for a hundred year old pic? One? More?
Mr. Jelf, I sure ain't pickin' on you but you do give fantastic "looks" into the real T era as I see it and flagrantly expose them even in this modern age.
Thank you! It IS appreciated.
Duane
Dare I post this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 11:30 pm:

The modern things that stand out to me, other than the flag, are the rubber bungee cords on the luggage rack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 03:30 am:

I saved it in my old photo file just the same :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 10:15 am:

Actually, according to Wikipedia, the bungee cord is older than you would think:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bungee_cord

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration