Slightly OT - anyone from the Netherlands out here? I have a question.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Slightly OT - anyone from the Netherlands out here? I have a question.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 10:55 am:

I picked this Dutch badge up from eBay, and I was wondering if there were any forum readers from the Netherlands that could add any information as to when or for whom this was made.

The inscription reads from the top: "We Fight - Ford - Attack on Unemployment" and it is numbered on the back #1436 and has a makers mark reading "Kon Begeer, Voorschoten"

From the research I have done, there was a Ford assembly plant built and opened in 1933 in Amsterdam, but according to Wikipedia the depression and worst years of unemployment in the Netherlands was from 1933 - 1936.

My question is whether this was made for the construction workers who built that plant, or the workers in the plant, and when it might have been made.

Thanks for any information you may be able to provide, Mark.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 11:32 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerard de Bruin on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 04:39 pm:

Hi Mark

This badge was mounted at the radiator of Ford v8 vehicles produced in the Ford factory in Amsterdam. This should be around 1933.

Gerard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 06:04 pm:

Thank you Gerard, if these were on every car are they commonly found? I had never seen one before but it is now a long way from home.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration