Engine Splash Pans Mounting Hardware. Castle Nuts?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Engine Splash Pans Mounting Hardware. Castle Nuts?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

Listen to me, Mr. FrankenT, asking about correct hardware for engine splash pans. But, I got a set from another froum member, cleaned them up and want to install them. One side goes to the oil pan to block bolts, but the other side bolts into the lower frame rail with, what looks like, 1/4" bolts.
I can't find any hardware sold by the vendors specifically for this job.
Am I missing something for sale by the vendors? Can I use some castle nuts and bolts if I find them the correct size and length? And, if so, may I presume bolt head on the upper side with castle nuts and cotter pins hanging down under the lower frame rail? ie., same as front fender irons nuts?

Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 12:40 pm:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/3088BS.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 12:49 pm:

Check out attached

application/pdf
T nuts and bolts.pdf (80.2 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 01:36 pm:

Mark, thanks for the link. I think I remember seeing those when I searched a few weeks ago. I wasn't seeing in my mind how that set would work. I presume the 4 bolts are for one side only and I'd have to get two sets.
The long bolts would bo through everything from the wood shelves down to the splash pans. But the other two "shorter" bolts still look like they are long enogh to go through both upper and lower frame rails and I don't have the holes in the upper rails. And, the starter makes it real fun for even a short bolt.

But, if this is what it is, I'l gifure it out.

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 03:44 pm:

Robert, all 4 bolts go through the hood shelf, wood blocks, wiring clips and through the frame, and then through the engine splash panels. The shorter ones go at the front where the frame is tapered.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration