Can anyone identify this early style murphy fastener?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Can anyone identify this early style murphy fastener?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

Going through some old boxes of upholstery stuff and ran across this
Can anyone identify this early style murphy fastener ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 03:29 pm:

Bob, as a former upholsterer , I would call them a buggy curtain fastener. They were used before and about the same time as Murphy fasteners came on the scene. I know pre-T fords used them, not sure about the T production. Keep in mind tops were originally optional equipment on the T, so I would guess they could have been used on early Ts, but maybe an expert will weigh in.
I have a 1909 of another make and they are on that top. People will kill for them. The mating part is very desirable, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 04:26 pm:

Thank you, do you have a photo of the other part, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 04:28 pm:

I will send it to you privately. I don't know how to do it here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 04:54 pm:

I have some of them too. I think two of them might be used to hold the rear curtain to the top of the rear bow when it is rolled up. Likely used on an aftermarket replacement T top that was on my '13 when I got it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 07:44 pm:

Tim..we'll have to get together at your place some day when (or if) you get some free time and I'll show you how to post pics.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration