Ford Tramps - A nice surprise

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ford Tramps - A nice surprise
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Williams on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 03:01 pm:

After reading a thread on the forum about the book "Ford Tramps" I thought it might some nice colder weather reading. Only used copies were available through Amazon, so I ordered one. As I read through the introduction, I found the book was autographed by the author! Ok, maybe it is not profound, but it is nice. Just thought I would share a tiny bit of good fortune.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 06:30 pm:

Ernie, good deal :-) :-) I have been thinking about buying the book. I do not have it in my T books library. Have you read it yet. Could you rate it as very good/OK/Not very good/or trash. Thanks ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 07:43 pm:

Donnie,

I read the book last winter and found it to be entertaining. I would recommend it if you would like reading a firsthand account of life in that era. Although if I recall correctly, the book was written quite some time after the actual trip took place.

There are some amusing anecdotes about the Model T but the book is really about the adventures of two young boys trying to reach the four corners of the usa in one year with practically no money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Williams on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 07:47 pm:

So far I have only read the first couple chapters, it is well written and entertaining. I am enjoying it. Brian is correct, it was published many many years after the trip. I think it actually makes the book much better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 08:00 pm:

Thanks Ill start looking for a copy ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 11:46 pm:

I think it is one of the better books I have read about touring in a Model T. The other book is I think "From Sea to Sea in a Model T", which is about two boys from California that drove to the east coast and back in a coupe.

Donnie - well worth it!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration