Surveyors and a Torpedo-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Surveyors and a Torpedo-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 08:01 am:

I can't really tell but the car looks like a 1912 Ford Torpedo roadster.
I think the photo is later than 1912. The way the guys are dressed makes me think 1930's.
What do you think?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 09:45 am:

The car is a 1912, I think it may be an open runabout or commercial roadster. I think I am seeing a folded down side curtain behind the men where a door would be if it were a torpedo runabout. Great photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 03:36 pm:

Herb, Thanks for posting the great pictures. Being a Ca. licensed surveyor I like old pictures of survey crews. If it was just the 2nd picture, no car, by their dress, I would say it was from the 1930's or even early 1940's. In the picture with the 1912 T, the car is in good shape, so the picture probably is earlier, say 1920's. The 4 leveling screw transit is a typical style transit of the 1920's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 04:17 pm:

It has a gas tank on the rear deck. Wouldn't it have to be a 1912 Torpedo Runabout? It is obviously not a 1911 Torpedo Runabout or Open Runabout. A Commercial Roadster would not have a deck mounted tank and I can't say that I've ever seen anything called an Open Runabout for 1912.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 06:56 pm:

Walter I think you are right after comparing some photos. Here are some 1912 Torpedo runabouts for comparison:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 07:52 pm:

Royce! i think what you see is a bag for the transit .if it were side curtains they would need more clothes.ha.ha. charley

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration