Wanted 1915 Headlights/Sell 1913/1914 Corcoran

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Wanted 1915 Headlights/Sell 1913/1914 Corcoran
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Emerson - California on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 12:16 am:

My 1915 Touring has 13/14 Corcoran headlights. Willing to sell
them (they are similar to E&J 666). They are the "Black & Brass"
style. The bodies are painted black and bonnet and rims are brass.
They need to be painted and polished.
They look the same as the Victor Model 2
on the bottom of page249 in 'From here
to Obscurity'.
Want a nice "complete" set of 15 headlights.
Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 12:23 am:

Phil,

I am told the non-wedge base of the headlight post is
unique to 1915. I have one of these headlights just by
chance. If you get to building a set, I am not particularly
attached to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 12:56 am:

I think the non-wedge base went into '17. I have seen that style stem on buckets with the adjusting screw to the side of the socket, and a flat spot where the bulb socket goes through the back of the bucket. That appears to be the main detail to finding '15 headlamps. The adjusting screw must be above the bulb socket, and the bucket is rounded all the way to the bulb socket.
I am not sure just when all those details changed? But apparently, they did not change all at once. There was also a short use of two bulb lamps around '17 or '18. It was only after that, that the well known common lamp continue virtually unchanged until the coming of the improved cars late in '25. The '15, '16, and '17 lamps had a lot of little changes and variations. I don't think anybody has ever sorted them all out. I know I haven't. And I have been trying to for over thirty years.
Good luck Phil E !
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 03:12 am:

Phil, I have a set of early 15 headlights (fork mounted) that came on my 13-14 Want to trade? You can call me at 702-353-4436

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 11:46 pm:

Phil, if the headlights on my early '15 are what you are looking for, I would be willing to trade them for your Corcoran's... depending on their condition. Take a look and let me know. You can call me at (818)383-4477. Front View

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Emerson - California on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 07:15 pm:

I have been convinced that the Corcoran lights are just fine for my 15 touring. Thank you all for you response. Happy Ting

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration