What have you done? December 2016

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What have you done? December 2016
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 01:11 am:

Finished the hogshead for the touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 01:42 am:

I have just the second working speedometer I have ever had on a model T. The Corbin unit on my new roadster works beautifully. The impetus to get the set up installed and working was the recent purchase of an almost new swivel joint. I have even had it nickel plated as original.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 10:58 am:

I am awaiting parts so I thought I would paint the manifolds and carb. Used hi temp ceramic, was told to cure in oven. I used BBQ grill to avoid divorce or getting maimed. Pictures speak for themselves. Ugh. Going to clean and start over. Think I'll just let the engine heat cure themBefore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 10:59 am:

AfterAfter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 10:59 am:

AfterAfter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 11:50 am:

Took the front wheels off the '20 to take them to Stutzmans next week. Other than that, nothin much. Too cold out to drive. So I lurk the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 12:10 pm:

James,

I know you put them on the BBQ grill but they may have turned out better if you didn't baste them with BBQ sauce! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 12:36 pm:

What's all the red stuff on the inside the hogshead, Steve?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 02:02 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 02:15 pm:

John,

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/698297.html?1480614188

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 04:04 pm:

Burger, you're asking for a bunch of guff posting that engine picture. It looks great to me but I bet others will disagree.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 05:11 pm:

Steve,
What is insulating varnish for? What are you insulating?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 07:11 pm:

John, It is Glyptal or something similar. Most pro engine rebuilders use it on the inside of the blocks to aid in oil circulation and cleanliness. The insulating varnish Steve is using may be the same or similar to Glyptal. Insulating varnish is used on the magneto spools and also starter and generator windings. Here is a link to Eastwood Supply and their Glyptol

http://www.eastwood.com/glyptal-red-brush-on-1-qt.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 07:11 pm:

Tried to inject some new blood into the hobby. This is my 24 yr old son making our WWI light patrol car's maiden voyage.
Neither of us had ever driven a T before. Sturggled with coils, plugs and valves over the holiday and finally got it running well enough to stretch her legs.

https://youtu.be/jF5CGIWdv4A

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

Great video Robert! The car sounds like it is running well. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 08:52 pm:

Sound great!! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 09:02 pm:

Dennis,

I have a stack of Hurt Feelings Reports right here in case
anyone gives me guff. :-)

Oh yeah, ... almost forgot .... I don't care !

I guess I can hand them out to anyone else who might get
a hurt feeling. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 09:22 pm:

Robert, the car is looking good. :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 09:48 pm:

Glyptal is a brand name, like Kleenex or Band-Aid. It's very expensive. The generic product name is red insulating varnish (or enamel), and the Sprayon version is not very expensive. Of course, like oil, the more expensive one is much better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 10:08 pm:

Today I took my 26 for a run around the block to free her up and a little transmission test. Ran very well What a thrill Life is Good !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 07:12 am:

12-01-2016 at Merrimack Valley Tire, the Leblanc Bros. getting Ken's '26 TT running for the first time decades!!!! Ken is one HAPPY CAMPER, and it couldn't have been happening for a greater guy.

Happy motoring,

Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeKOgHzLbxw&feature=youtu.be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 04:37 pm:

Bob, that's wonderful! Runs great and looks fantastic!
Eck, that wasn't your first drive was it? Woohoo!
Warren, that truck of Ken's runs nice! Started just like it's supposed to. Looks like a Texas T dizzy. Set it and forget it. ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 07:29 pm:

Hey Burger nice motor stand!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lawthers on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

I am getting excited about driving the 26 Touring again. It has been sitting for over 2 1/2 years now. A bunch of crud in the fuel tank.
Will attempt to fire it up tomorrow.
Good going, Robert, Ken and Warren on getting the T's to run. Keep up the good work!

Tom in Tehachapi, CA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 08:09 pm:

Put the final coat of primer on the new wheels for my towncar and an additional set for a friend. Hoping to paint them dark blue next week and finally get tires back on.

Also got these neons mounted on the wall in the shop. From the early thirties, but they're pretty neat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 08:24 pm:

Odds and ends work on my speedster. I'm slowly getting there. I bought the lumber for a miniaturized pick up bed (Birch). $230.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 11:23 pm:

My second but first time I got it in high gear . I have had the car for 35 years stored in shop buried with junk. Have 3 year old grandson so decided now is the time to bring it to life. Got it started in July for the first time but would not move. New bands and clutch adjustments cured that now on to the brakes and wiring to lights. Hope to have it road worthy by summer. I will tinker during cold weather. A lot of learning curve . Lots of body work but it will be back !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 11:49 pm:

Eck, Woohoo!
Tom, tsk tsk... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 11:52 pm:

What did I get done in the last 3 days? Not as much as I should have. Still didn't get the Rayfield UF done that is driving me insane, fought with it all day today, back from getting something to eat, back to the shop at 9:51 PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 07:07 pm:

Three club members all gave starters during the latter part of November and one decided that while I was doing one he may as well give me six. Two were in terrible shape, one with no guts and the other solid with rust. I also had two spares from Chickasha that needed work.

The two on the left have brand new coils and are six volt. The others are all wired for twelve volts and use recovered old stator coils. It has taken two weeks but it keeps me out of trouble...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 08:26 pm:

I think, I'm close to have Sambuca, my 1917 Canopy Express Delivery back on the road. I could not get the Ruckstell to shift. Asked Ken LeBlanc, if I could bring it down Thursday night to the shop and use the parts cleaner on it. A group of use meet at Merrimack Valley Tire each week to work on our Ts and just have fun. On Friday I took it over to Dick Welch's and he fixed it right away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jfrmkdOX5E

Happy motoring,

Warren

before cleaning

after cleaning

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

The doodlebug has been hard starting, I think the gasket is burnt out on the last exhaust port and may be burnt to the intake causing a slight leak. I can only get it to fire on some either sprayed in a port in the intake, so I think a gasket replacement is in order.

Once I did get it started today, I installed the tire chains and hooked the plow up, weather guy seems to think we might get some snow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 08:57 pm:

Today a friend and I attended the Pomona CA swap meet. Haven't attended in ten years or so but decided to go because I haven't seen my friend for awhile.

On the last row of vendors I was browsing a table full high performance Chevy parts and saw a Holley G carb sitting next to other parts. It was in excellent condition asked the guy how much and $20 later it was mine. It's a brass model.

Got it home and it looks like it's never been used, it's in great condition. Just needs a new float and gaskets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 08:57 am:

I'm closer to have Sambuca, my 1917 Canopy Express Delivery back on the road. I am planning on taking Sambuca out for a road test this weekend, if all goes well.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Sambuca

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 09:41 am:

Just made the first run with this 1914 runabout after it was underwater in June. Now I can start the finishing.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J and M Machine Co Inc on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 05:39 pm:

1916 Block: crack repaired ,hardened seats bored .030" over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 07:47 pm:

Tired of annoying gas leak so I found a fishing weight and made a lead gasket for my carb bowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 08:29 pm:

Finally installed new King Pins to tighten up the front end.

Removed Spindles
Removed

Sized Bushings
Size Bushings

Put Back Together
All Done

I don't like the look of New parts on my Old car; will have to hit with some flat black paint to get rid of that New look :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 09:13 pm:

FINALLY closing in on this engine project

It is getting a Mark Chaffin BB Rajo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 10:11 pm:

Les, I wish there was a LIKE button to hit!

Not going to make it north for the party, too cold, too much snow and got invited to help play for a Western Swing dance to raise money for the needy kids and other folks in Livingston Friday night, thought I should go help.

That block just looks so weird with the 5 main crank in it.

Zoom Zoom!!

I got the Rayfield UF done, run and on the way, now on a Stromberg OX-3 going to California. Spent most of the day at the Dr. back in the shop tonight -- right after a little nap in the pickup. Just got home so it is warm in the pickup, colder than all get out outside, about 4 above and getting colder right now.

FINALLY got my gas re-route and plumbing up to code done and got the gas turned back on Monday AM just before I went to the Dr for the night and day, everything toasty warm again. Back to the shop to pay the bill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 10:23 pm:

Spent the morning mining for parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 08:33 am:

Looks like the mud daubers have been busy again! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J and M Machine Co Inc on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 12:34 pm:

1924 Model TT fire truck from NY.
Says it was originally purchased to protect Rockefeller estate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 06:33 am:

I in stalled a new 6 volt LED light in Seabiscuit's stop light.

Happy motoring,

Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFckAwcXxpE

Seabiscuit's new stop light

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 02:19 pm:

@James - use "Cast Blast". It's like M&M's - won't melt in your hands like the other brand of "high heat" paints do.

@Les - if you are going overhead why all the work splitting ports?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

Mike Kossor,

Your spring perches are reversed. Might want to change that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 05:14 pm:

Jerry, Thank you for the alert. Wonderful benefit of sharing photos of your projects here on the Forum; the keen eyes of folks sharing their knowledge and experience with you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 05:33 pm:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

The easy way to orient front perches:

This boss goes toward the back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 08:24 am:

Steve Jelf, what program are you using to mark your photo? Can you also tell us how to change the font on our forum posts. Thanks in advance.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 09:10 am:

I don't know what program Steve uses, but when I want to add text or artwork to a photo, I import the photo into Microsoft Powerpoint. I make my mods, group everything into a single object, then right click on the object and save it as a picture (.jpg file) with a different name so that I don't mess up the original. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 09:59 am:

Thank you Mark and Steve,for showing the correct perch orientation. I ordered the front and rear axle book for complete details.

One suggestion I received was to disconnect the wishbone and spindles from the front axle and just reverse the front axle by 180 degrees with perches, shackles and spring intact. May be easier than reversing the perches. Thanks for the help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 10:05 am:

If you do that, you may have to also swap spindles side-to-side. You want the threads on the spindles set up so that normal, forward rotation of the front wheels is trying to "unscrew", or loosen, the outer front wheel bearing.

This means you want RH threads on the driver's side and LH threads on the passenger side. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 11:21 am:

To add text or drawing on photos I use Gimp. It's not wonderfully user-friendly, but it's free. Maybe it would be easier if I used it more often. Of course, make a copy and alter that. You want to keep the original photo in case you need it later. To change your font, click Formatting at the top of this page.

Yes, turning the axle around is most likely much easier than switching the perches. Getting them out of the axle is often a major headache. And yes, you have to leave the spindles where they are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 11:32 am:

Based on my own observations, the right and left spindle bushings wear at different rates. The wear is typically greater on the passenger side, most likely because of the crown in the road. Similarly, the yokes at the ends of the axle wear wear faster on the passenger side.

If you turn the axle around instead of swapping the perches, you may find that that the spindles don't fit as well as they did prior to turning the axle around.

Just something to consider.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 12:53 pm:

Back to "what did you do today?":

It was 17 degrees F in Hillsboro, MO this morning, so I put the winter front on Betsy before my morning drive.

The winter front is just a piece of cardboard that I cut to shape and sprayed black. The edges are crushed flat so that it will slip between the radiator shell and the fins. :-)

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 01:04 pm:

Mark:

You need to put some advertising on that "chest protector" - see this thread:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/214826.html?1307044618

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 01:18 pm:

I have to add something about reversing the axle, that can of course be done but speaking of the perches you can not always go by the centering boss to go to the back, I got into doing this twice because my perches did not have that boss, they must have been changed out long ago, I add also I bought both perches new for the second time I had to do this, it is the angle of the pin that goes through the axle NOT the angle of the shackle boss that sets the correct caster in case you find the boss is not there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

Good point, see the left hand drawing in the illustration above in my 12/8 post. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 01:45 pm:

Working on the Warford;

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/696782.html?1480348798

The brown at the base of the tower is from the flash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 04:02 pm:

Mark,
I'm curious as to your comment of right hand thread on drivers side and left hand on passenger side. Somehow I was thinking the opposite. Would the correct way you are suggesting be to prevent a tightening effect that would cause bearing failure?
I'm not far enough along on my T to have looked at this yet. The last left hand threads I worked on were on Dodge cars of the 60's. I thought they were on the driver side. But... I don't trust my memory!
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 04:06 pm:

Awe Shucks!
Suddenly a bit of memory restored itself!
It was the lug nuts, not the wheel bearing nuts on the Dodges!
Oh Well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 04:07 pm:

Rebuilt and installed 6V generator...Starter next.
Although, 2 days ago I retrieved my Rootlieb Speedster kit from the importing agent and its looking very tempting.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 04:30 pm:

David - You "jarred" my memory! I remember those lug nuts,....one side of the car was left-hand threads and the other side was the opposite! And I believe that was on all Chrysler Corporation cars,.... not just the Dodges! (......and it was a nuisance! .....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 04:46 pm:

Mopars had LH lug nuts on the driver's side through 1970. An obscure engineering study had found that loose RH thread lugnuts on the driver's side (loose being defined as less than 20 foot-pounds) could unscrew themselves while driving.

Apparently, Chrysler changed its mind and decided to follow the rest of the industry with all RH thread lugnuts in 1971.

http://moparmax.com/columns/magnante/v_5-2.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 08:32 pm:

I finally finished rebuilding the rear end for the 27 touring car. It is for our main "tour car" so I basically replaced everything. Then I made a little tag that hangs on one pinion spool bolt and wires to another bolt. That should remind me when I rebuilt it. Or let the next owner at least know the babbit washers have been changed to brass washers. Before the next time I rebuild a rear end I want to get a small set of stamps, so I can also list all the parts replaced, not just the brass washers. All that's left to do is get a somewhat warm day and give it a quick shot of paint. If anyone notices that it is not 12/11/16 yet. That is the date I chose as the date I would be finished. :-) :-) got it done a little early :-) Now that the rear end is out of the way, I can finally get started finishing the speedster project ...........

(Message edited by dobro1956 on December 09, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 08:53 pm:

Donnie, that tag is a great idea!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 09:22 pm:

Donnie, what a great idea. I should do that on all my cars, so I can remember what I have done!!!!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 10:39 pm:

With the tag on top of the spool, and after I paint everything, including the tag. It should be almost invisible, unless looking closely. My tags are stainless, but brass or aluminum should make a good permanent tag.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 11:33 pm:

Well, Derrick Pang is turning into quite the T'r. Got a call from him when was having a little trouble tonight while he and his girl were out driving. Car started to act sluggish, no effect with spark control. So with the engine still running, hops out, pops the hood and sees sparks flying of the timer. The previous weekend he took his car to the monthly T Garage put on by members of the LongBeach T Club. They checked and installed a new(rebuilt) generator. Seems some one didn't tighten up the gen. bolts enough . Bolt backed out and the timer hold down strap dropped and the timer came out a little bit. Our young hero Derrick (D'Artagnan) whips out the wrench and fixes the problem on the road !!! He's getting it !!! Martynn Vowell and I had been helping him when he first got the car. It's times like this that make a fellar damn proud of that youngin' Well done young sir ! Well done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 12:12 am:

Started gathering up parts in my shop. When the weather warms up above freezing they're going to move to the barn and be out of my way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 07:57 pm:

Worked on my three lever, two pedal racer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 09:15 pm:

Mike, I've been trying to figure out your set up, but how exactly does all that work?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 09:30 pm:

Mike, I got another look at your "racer" a few days ago. It is very interesting. I can't wait to here the beast run ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 10:13 pm:

No pictures but today I took Carl (1911 touring) out for another leisurely drive, thirty miles total. Probably pissed off some people driving 30mph but I don't care. Dog went along too, she's my driving partner.

Looks like Carl needs some bands pretty soon, made adjustments last weekend and nothing improved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 12:56 am:

Not having the proper Ford Z tool, I made a clutch drum puller. I was pleased to find that it actually works.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 04:38 am:

cleaned and weighed rods,ready for Babbitting.
b

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 11:03 am:

Speaking of ,right and left hand threads, I'll bet a lot of guys here have had the experience of starting the car (any car) on jack stands with the lug nuts, or axle nuts on your T, just loosely on and found them all over the floor when you started it, there is something to the left hand thread idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 07:33 pm:

here are some exhaust manifold that I straightened this weekend

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 08:20 pm:

Got my new Stromberg OF the other day. It was in really good shape. I tore it down and all the passages were clean no junk in anything. Even the float valve seals tight! I have ordered a new Viton tip valve and seat from Stan. Can't wait to get it on my roadster. PK

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration