Differential bolts and studs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Differential bolts and studs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 07:57 am:

There are open and closed spools for model T pinion bearing carriers. The opens use bolts and apparently the closed ones use studs, right? My '21 takes the open style, which I have ordered, but have not received yet. My question is... can I use the studs in mine? Anybody know if the length is the same ? The odd size (13/32 I believe) the same?Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 09:13 am:

You can't use the studs if it had bolts and nuts originally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 09:34 am:

I believe we're talking about the drive shaft bearing housing (#2583B). I've found one attached with both bolts and studs, so both will fit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 11:07 am:

There are two styles of bolts. Yours would take the ones with the 5/8's heads. The later ones used a 9/16" head, which I like better, because you can get a socket on them easier.
Royce you are confusing! How could the drive shaft roller bearing housing have used bolt's and nuts?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration