Outside choke pull rod

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Outside choke pull rod
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 08:03 pm:

I just got a choke rod, the one used when hand-cranking , for my '21. Where exactly does it pass thru the radiator/shell and how should I attach it to the lever on the carb?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

There should be a small hole in the shell on the passenger side bottom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 10:20 pm:

No hole. My shell is a new replacement. Where do I drill the hole? Should there be a grommet in the hole? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 10:46 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 10:59 pm:

Thanks Steve. Will the rod flex enough to hook or do you remove the carb to hook it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 11:30 pm:

Yep.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 01:17 am:

There was a metal grommet when new. You don't see them very often now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 08:28 am:

Put the end of the rod through the choke lever arm and bend the end down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 10:12 am:

Since you didn't tell us the year of your car, find another owner of a T with a known correct radiator, or radiator shell. Use that dimension for drilling you hole. I've seen countless radiators that have been drilled for the choke wire in the wrong place. Their is no excuse for this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Adkisson on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 10:21 am:

Brass works shows were to drill their radiators according to year for proper placement

http://www.thebrassworks.net/shop/Reproduction-Radiators-1909-1916-Model-T/c11_1 7/p24/1911-1912-Round-Tube-Model-T-Radiator/product_info.html?osCsid=2c837fce2fa f086e6ffa7857fabad352

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 10:26 am:

Again Larry, a thanks for nothing. The OP posted the year of his car in the body of his text.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration