Did all T's have brake rod support brackets?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Did all T's have brake rod support brackets?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 08:10 pm:

I've got FrankenT, but mostly 26/27 running gear. I've installed some brake rods that came from the family parts barn that I have no idea what year they are for. Not the perfectly straight rods, but the "hump" towards the rear end for, what I presume, is to go over the top of the radius rod. They clean and do not rub, but when I try to figure out how a bracket will go on, the angle of the dangle does not line up.

To get the rod thorugh the bracket, it looks like it would have to make some sort of swing out towards the drivewshaft. So, are these brackets necessary on this set up?

Thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 08:20 pm:

Yes, all T's have brake rod supports. It looks like you have yours installed upside down.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 08:30 pm:

There is also a left and right. Once you have the brackets on corrected you need to take the clevis and jam nut off to slide them off. I think that are on the correct sides just upside down. Put them on so there is a little binding on the shaft so the rods don't rattle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 09:06 pm:

Welcome to my world. This is much better.

Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 09:25 pm:

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 12:08 am:

Aha! Now I see too! I have a nice new set for the '18 and didn't know also.
Could've looked at my Crappy '24 but wouldn't know IF that one was correct.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration