OT= Stan and Ollie

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT= Stan and Ollie
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 07:55 am:

On this date December 3,1927 our Friends Stan and Ollie released their FIRST movie "Putting Pants on Phillip".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 08:40 am:

"Give me that wheel"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 09:10 am:

This was a couple of months after the release of The Jazz Singer, the first feature talkie. The Boys' first talkie was released in May, 1929.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 10:58 pm:

This film is not shown very often. Early in the Stan and Ollie team up, they hadn't quite reached their stride yet. I had seen most of the better known Laurel and Hardy films long before I saw this one. With the later stuff in mind, it was quite different. Very good! In its own way, it could be considered one of their best. Both Stan and Ollie had made a number of films before this, I think even a few together. However, this was often considered the first of the long running partnership.
I recall, many years ago, seeing a film with Stan Laurel sans Hardy from about 1921 or '22, called "Mud and Sand". It was a short comedy take-off of the Rudolf Valentino classic "Blood and Sand". Nothing new under the sun. Movies spoofing movies go way back!
Fantastic stuff!
Thanks Dennis Seth!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 08:26 am:

"The Fighting Kentuckian" was/is a fun movie for L and H fans as it has Oliver Hardy without Stan as John Wayne's sidekick. It's mostly a serious role for Ollie. He really was a very good actor. Better in many ways than Stan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 01:24 pm:

Poor little Laughing Gravy...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration