Old Photo - Brass Era - Fire Chief's Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Brass Era - Fire Chief's Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 09:20 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 09:26 am:

Looks like something built in the 1960's or 70's. Not a real one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 11:46 am:

looks dam good to me, i would take it!!!!!!!!!!!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 02:45 pm:

It looks like one of the American LaFrance Chemical trucks based on the commercial (car chassis). The demountables would have been added back in the day when they became available.

That particular chemical truck might have been an original but if not, it appears to be an excellent reproduction (there are several Ts with reproduction bodies out there). And if it has the original tanks, and plumbing and only the wood was recreated -- is it a reproduction or a restoration? Below are some other ALF photos and the threads they came from: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/367588.html?1371488940

Reportedly been owned since new, and has basically been kept new by a local fire company. (so the story goes).

Technically it is still listed as active fire apparatus on their roster even though it is only used for static shows anymore.

Sorry for the passenger side quality, I had to pull that one off of their web page and thats all it is.

At: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/218921.html?1308631738 Todd Wirth posted a photo of his ALF Fire Chief's car (not chemical car). Note the shape of the front seat and seat frame it is mounted onto.

And below shows an ALF with a different style front seat base:

And a later black radiator version which I think Tod had also posted in another thread:

So the photo at the start of the thread may be a 1960-70s built up from parts version, or a restored original. But either way it is clearly a nice looking chemical car.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration