Steering tie rod yoke larger than T but uses standard tie rod bolt

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Steering tie rod yoke larger than T but uses standard tie rod bolt
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 10:11 am:

Found some nos T parts in a box and came across this yoke
has 334083 on one side and on the other looks like fc in a circle 1
3 3/4" long
1 1/8" across where tie rod bolt goes
has coarse threads
photo is next to a Ford script yoke, any idea what this fits?
thank you, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 10:54 am:

Also found a nos Ford tie rod end but not like all I have seen, threads go all the way through, would make it easy to adjust the length
any ideas on this one
also I will be listing a few nos 1909-13 yokes on forum, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 06:16 pm:

I have had some of those also, Bob. I think they are Fordson Tractor?

Herm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 06:41 pm:

Might that be for the Model K?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 01:25 am:

I also think that the larger # 334083 steering yoke is for a Fordson tractor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 09:52 am:

Looks like those would be perfect for the speedster I'm building.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 11:38 am:

I think the one with all the numbers on it is for a Chevrolet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 12:39 pm:

The straight shank ball is 7/16" and will not fit, I see the difference now between u-shape and y-shape
I guess I got excited when I found these, the yoke than has no place for stud, or bolt is still a puzzle
here are some photos of what I found in this box, Bob
found a few nos T-2596 SLEEVES also, Bob

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration