Not sure of year of my engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Not sure of year of my engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Campbell on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 03:20 pm:

I just bought a Model T engine and Transmission at an auction and am trying to figure out exactly what I have. Over top of the coolant inlet the # is 13458090 or 13458099(the last 2 digits are harder to read than the rest.
To the right of the coolant inlet, where all of the forums say I should be able to find the date code, there are no numbers. To the left of it though there is a 28 6. There is something between them but I think it is more of a pointer than a number. (added a pic of it)
Can anyone help me out?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Campbell on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 03:23 pm:

Keeps telling me my pic is too big.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 03:33 pm:

Yes, there's a picture file size limit of 250 KB. Make a copy of your picture and resize the copy.

Your engine's assembly date is Thursday, April 1, 1926.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Campbell on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 03:41 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 04:16 pm:

April of 1926

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 04:27 pm:

USA engines stopped putting on date codes about 1922. Canadian engines continued date coding engines till almost the end of production. The other cast in numbers were mold/pattern identification numbers, used to trace defective castings back to their source. They have no real relevance since the cars left the factory.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration