Yorkshire UK model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Yorkshire UK model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Fischer on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 04:49 pm:

Hello Are there any model T hobbyists In Yorkshire, I'm on holiday and It would be fun see some T's in England.

robinneenah@yahoo.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 05:41 pm:

Rob - If you can, take a little side trip down to N. Marston and visit Neil Tuckett. Neil is a real "kingpin" in regard to the Model T Registry in England and I can tell you from experience that he will treat you to a very interesting tour of his T collection, shop and surrounding premises which would probably more Model T stuff than you have ever seen in one place. Can't speak for Royce Peterson except to say that he has also visited Neil Tuckett (Tuckett brothers) and Royce would tell you the same thing.

By the way, my maternal grandparents came from England (grandmother from Salford (Manchester) in Lancashire and my grandfather from Bradford, Yorkshire, and I still have some great relatives in Harrogate, Yorkshire.

Oh, and I should have said that N. Marston is a little town only an hour or two south of Yorkshire,....pretty much mid-way between Yorkshire and London. Have a great "holiday",.... harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 09:19 am:

Like Harold, I have Yorkshire roots. My 4xgreat-grandfather Matthew Lodge was part of a group referred to as the Yorkshire Pioneers who left England in the 1770s and went to Nova Scotia. He came from the area around Huddersfield and if you meet someone whose surname is Lodge, he will probably be a distant relative.

Visiting European T people is fun. I have visited two of the Dutch members of this forum and was warmly welcomed. Enjoy your stay and good luck finding T people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 10:01 am:

Tuckett Bros is about thirty minutes from London traffic dependent of course. Well worth a visit if you have time and are able to drive. It would be an expensive taxi ride from Yorkshire, which is maybe 175 miles north of North Marston. Maybe three hours driving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 12:52 pm:

You need to make contact with Model T Ford Register of GB. Our president lives in Yorkshire along with many other members. Google the club site or Facebook page. Haven't got my members list to hand to give you direct contacts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 01:36 am:

I "bumped" this up to the top again because I am surprised at the poor response to Rob Fisher's request! Last I heard, there were something approaching a thousand involved with the Model T Ford Register of GB! Maybe all of the GB "T" nuts that normally lurk about on this forum (there must be at least a few) are sick of hearing anything from or about us "colonists" after our corrupt and biased media coverage of our"national embarrassment" of a presidential election!!! (....if so, I can't really say I blame them!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 01:38 am:

.....Jem Bowkett excepted of course! Good suggestion Jem!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 05:31 am:

Rob Fischer do you ever get up to Edinburgh I'd be happy to introduce you to fellow Model T guys

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 12:18 am:

I know that my family came from Kent, but not much more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Varley on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 10:31 am:

Hi,
I'm in Chesterfield, Derbyshire which is not too far away from the southern tip of Yorkshire if you're anywhere close. Not sure where you are this weekend coming but we're having our 'Midlands Area' Christmas lunch on Sunday in Northamptonshire if you're anywhere nearby I could ask if there's any possibility of adding you.
Hope you enjoy England and the weather is not too unkind to you.
Andrew

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration