Accessory Pedals

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Accessory Pedals
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 12:22 am:

I'm currently looking for a Touring to keep my Roadster company, and came across this rare (Barn Find) :-) One thing i found interesting was the accessory pedals clearly bolted on. Has anyone ever seen these before? Looks like something us big footers would appreciate.

Its pic 9 in the series .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1925-Ford-Model-T-Touring-/272472154657?forcerrptr=true& hash=item3f709b2221:g:5FwAAOSwux5YQe5I&item=272472154657

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 08:39 am:

Similar pedal extensions are sold today by Model T parts vendors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 08:47 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 09:13 am:

These are on a car currently available on the classified ad section of the club website.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 09:52 am:

Here's another brand.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/195856.html?1299542148

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 11:25 am:

Which vendor has the pedal extensions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 11:37 am:

I haven't seen the brass ones for a while, Langs and Snyders used to carry them, I don't se them listed online.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 11:38 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/117349.html?1261074761

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 11:59 am:

I just checked Langs on line and could not find them. I guess Tbay is the answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 08:41 pm:

Similar from Snyder's
http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/model-t-iron-pedal-extensions

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 12:56 pm:

Depending on your shoe size and which variant of the Model T Ford you drive, there will either be just barely enough room on the floor for your feet and the pedals, not quite enough room for your feet and the pedals, or nowhere near enough room for your feet and the pedals.

Whenever I hear someone recite the oft-quoted bromide, "Ford knew what he was doing," I recall the ergonomic abomination at my very feet. _Henry may have known a lot about things like rear-end gear ratios and removable heads, but his mistaken belief that all his customers had feet like a Barbie doll is a curse passed down from generation to generation, and here I am, tucking my shoelaces into my sneakers so as not to get all tangled up in the dad-blamed pedals!—And yes, I wear sneakers because my very average, size-11 shoes would make the situation awkward to the point of hazard.

The one good thing Mr. Ford did in the realm of tootsie ergonomics was to give the too-close-together pedal pads a slim, 4-sided diamond shape with rounded off corners. _It is the smallness and shape of these pedals that give me the hope that on days when my feet aren't swollen, I can get my left foot out of the trap formed by the emergency brake lever and the clutch, around, over and upon the stupid pedal.

With the above in mind, I cannot imagine why anyone would want to purchase an accessory that would make the tops of the pedals any wider.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 01:08 pm:

I will try anything to make it easier to drive with my "16-EEE" feet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 08:40 pm:

I have a couple of the ones Tom shows above. Work quite well. A little too grippy when new. But keeps your foot from coming off the pedal.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration