Carb question for 1925 tourer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Carb question for 1925 tourer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Varney on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 04:14 am:

Hi, i'm new to Ford Ts but have been into all sorts of other stuff over the years.
I'm told that it is common to have to strip the carb by the roadside to clean it out when a car has been standing a while. Anyone got a video link to show the best way to do it please?
I took the float bowl off, and the float, but didn't know how far to strip it. I put it back together again but it soon stopped again. Before it stopped it was running rough and just conked out. when i looked, the carb was overflowing.
Thanks in advance, Steve UK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 09:11 am:

Cleaning out the carb by the roadside is common for folks who have trash in their tank. That's most likely the source of your problem. Yes, you should clean it out, but be aware that most likely you're treating the symptom and not the disease. The ultimate cure is a clean tank.

Before getting into detailed procedures, let's get more information. What carburetor are you using?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Varney on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 01:57 pm:

I don't know, i'll take photos next time i'm over at that garage

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration