27 roadster hip panel help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 27 roadster hip panel help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryan Watte on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 10:24 am:

I've probably spent 100 hours searching for pictures to no avail. Hoping you guys can help.

I've got a 27 roadster, I have the hip panel support that goes from the backrest area towards the door, have the two pieces of wood and the corner bead piece that covers the wood along the jamb area (not shown).

My question is for the backer board for the upholstery. How far back along the top armrest do you bring that piece? And how is that attached along the top armrest portion? I know it gets tacked along the wood in the jamb area, attaches to the bottom wood block that is attached to the seat frame, and also gets attached to the second piece of wood that looks like a ? Mark (shown in my pic)

But how does it get attached along the top edge, besides the small piece towards the door? I know it doesn't just flop around, maybe it gets attached to the same fasteners that hold the upper tack rail in place?? Who knows

Finally decided to ask for some help!

Thanks, Bryan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryan Watte on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 10:26 am:

Pic wouldn't upload. Give me a sec to try and figure it out

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryan Watte on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 10:34 am:

Try thisPic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryan Watte on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 10:36 am:

Here's my car by the wayPic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 08:59 am:

Bryan:
real hot rods have a flathead or HEMI ...looks like your's falls into that catagory ...i don't have answers regarding the panel attachment ,but for the attachment along the top rails ...i like to use a "plastic" material called real wood ...this is probably polyethelene composition and flexes to conform to the body profile ...easy to work with and will not rot ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 09:07 am:

Bryan you can go to fordwood.com. They are strictly for original T's. They sell the composite tack strip material that's used to replace the wood tack strips that Ford used originally. That's probably what yon need. Since your car Falls into the hot rod category that would be better to use than wood anyway.

Nice looking car by the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 10:41 am:

To Gene - Also the Buick "Nailhead."

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration