TT Ruckstell help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: TT Ruckstell help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 10:52 am:

I am trying to rebuild a Ton Truck Ruckstell and the exterior part of the shift arm (P98) is very corroded. The yoke and housing are in good shape.
1. How is the yoke removed from the shift arm?
2. Will the replacement shift arm for cars fit the TT housing?
I have the Ruckstell book but I didn't find any info on disassembling the yoke, shift arm, and housing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 11:12 am:

The arm is the same. The yoke and housing are different. See the Ruckstell pages in the back of the 8-5-28 Ford Parts List or Pages 5-6 and 42-43 in Glen's book. Glen sells the lever and the other parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 11:23 am:

What what I am trying to do is remove the yoke or fork (P-157) from the shift arm (P-98) so I can iremove it from the housing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 11:37 am:

There should be a freeze plug on the bottom of the housing once it is removed you should be able to back off the nut and lock washer and using a brass drift tap the shift arm out. The shank between the yoke and lever is square. Maybe a little heat would help if it stubborn. The 1928 parts book shows the same part number car/truck Ruckstell, P-98-A. The plug is part number P-151-A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 11:42 am:

If for some reason yours does not have the freeze plug, take off the nut and washer, hold the shift arm in a vice and tap on the housing to separate the two. Don't pound on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 12:03 pm:

Success! Thank you Mark!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 12:07 pm:

Let's see some pix of the TT !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 12:19 pm:

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 04:02 pm:

Well, Burger, it is more of a project than a truck right now. A whole bunch of parts that snuck into my storage shed when I wasn't looking!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration