OT - 1916 Harley with sidecar

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - 1916 Harley with sidecar
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 11:57 am:

(Made in Wisconsin!)
http://www.powernationtv.com/post/awesome-1916-harley-with-sidecar

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 01:46 pm:

Always fun to see the Harleys. I enjoyed the gal holding the beer saying that in the sidecar she felt nothing. There have been some like that recently on ebay and craig's list. Pretty Pricey.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 03:18 pm:

Pretty cool old Harley. I like them but I hardly ride anymore but I would make a exception for that 1916!! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 12:23 am:

A friend just told me the fella is 'Doc' from Doc's H/D west of Green Bay.
He does have an extensive museum, including a 'Von Dutch' bike. The Pickers (History Channel) had an episode trying to buy the bike - "No Sale"...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 11:44 am:

Marv, Mike Wolfe (American Pickers) bought and now owns the Von Dutch VW bike. $21K if memory serves me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 03:45 pm:

Was it the VW-Von Dutch, or another one??? I've not traveled over to Doc's, but $21K would sound like a heckuva bargain for a 'one-off'! The Pickers episode claimed they weren't able to make a purchase at any price....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 11:30 pm:

The pickers filmed a visit at a friend's place in Oakland recently.
They 'bouht' stuff on camera but actually left with nothing.
It is a fake show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 07:47 am:

Marv, 4th paragraph down.

http://www.vondutch.com/americanpickers/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 10:19 am:

Interesting. Still seems like a 'steal' for a 'one-off piece of history'... I'll need to take a ride over to Doc's to hear it firsthand... E.F. Hutton taught me "ECON-101" (Supply & Demand) - "Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand." Will hafta let you know what I find out. Thanks.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration