Parts diagram and part number?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Parts diagram and part number?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Blair on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 11:59 am:

Hi folks
Is there a place to find a parts diagram and part number? Illustrated would be good as some of the names I call parts are not what they were called back then or I just have no idea what to call them. Like the pipe between the 2 radiator hoses, what we used to call a thermostat outlet is a cylinder head upper water outlet. I have a 1926 and the 26-27 seems to be a little different than other years.
Thanks
Gerald

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 12:01 pm:

http://www.cimorelli.com/mtdl/1926/default.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 12:06 pm:

The Macs catalog has great drawings and now Langs, Snyder's and Chaffins have pictures in their catalogs. Martin Is preparing beautiful line drawings of all parts, I believe for a future Langs catalog and many have been on this forum. Also the Parts Lists have pictures and many are available on this site in the Encyclopedia and on the DVD available from Barbara McCalley.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 12:13 pm:

Gerald
1926 Model T's had two different type cylinder head water outlets with fan bearing support/adjustor. The early cars had a screw eccentric type for fan belt adjustment which was soon discontinued and replaced with a cam type eccentric adjustment.
early
later
There were also two different length fan hubs depending upon use of a two or three tube radiator core.
two fan hubs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 12:16 pm:

Get a catalog(s) from one of the suppliers, they are free and they want you to buy parts from them. Cylinder head (water) outlet 1926-1927 #3004-E (with fan) or (radiator, outlet) connection pipe #3939. Some dealers use the Ford parts numbering system some don't or some change it just a little. The catalogs have very good illustrations in them. Find the parts you need and order by their number.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 12:46 pm:

I used to recommend Mac's catalogue (only for the pictures :-)); now I think the best illustrations are here: http://chaffinsgarage.com/catalog.pdf
A bonus is that Glen mostly uses the Ford part numbers.

Martin's drawings in Lang's catalogue are great for showing how things go together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Blair on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 06:54 pm:

Thanks
That helped a lot. Have a parts order ready to go.

I have notices that the front and rear fender bolts and nut listed as kits seem to stop at 1925 is there a lot of difference in the 26-27 fender bolts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 08:05 am:

I have a CD labeled,Model T Ford Comprehensive Parts Book, (c) Bruce W. McCalley and the bottom note reads, Every part, picture and change listed in 67 Ford Parts Lists from 1909 to late 1927, plus thousands of Factory Numbers and descriptions in both numerical and alphabetical order, in the Adobe Acrobat Format.

I'm not sure where or when I got this CD, but it may be still available, most likely from the MTFCA, as Bruce was a founding member.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 10:32 am:

Purchase a parts book for the year of your car.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration