Harold Lloyd with nice details of 1920 T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Harold Lloyd with nice details of 1920 T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 12:05 pm:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v1-kR7o34cA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

Thanks Mark. It made my day. I have mentioned before that those comedies contributed to my love of the Model T. It was nice to see the young boy's interest in the Model T.
Rich Bingham and I made a movie where he chases his Depot Hack something like that. Maybe we can get it on U-tube to share.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 01:36 pm:

I used my old model T as a mobile stage for performing traveling medicine shows. If you want to see pictures google Dr. Bumstead medicine show and click on images.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 07:37 pm:

Mark, that is priceless !! Thank you much for that.
Made my day too. Rich E., do you have a copy of our movie in some digital form ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 08:01 pm:

Apparently an oil drip pan beneath a Model T (even a presumably almost new one!) is nothing new. Too bad Ford didn't provide one with every Model T sold - to go along with the jokes about Tin Lizzie that Henry claimed helped sell his cars. Paraphrasing, he said that every joke told about his Model T sold another new one. Maybe he was right!?! :-)
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 05:37 pm:

Harold Lloyd is my favourite. Superb stunts and so much action you see more on each viewing.

But the best bit in this film is the silent movie joke. The car starts shaking when the kid jumps on it and we, the audience, think it's started. But why does Harold? Because he's in a silent movie and can't hear sound either! Brilliant, cracks me up every time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 05:42 pm:

There is so much going on, I have to watch it more than once. A lot of detail will be wasted on "moderns" who don't know what they are seeing (or hearing) like "O Promise Me" in the music track . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heavner on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 06:13 pm:

That's the same year and model I have right down to the whitewall tires. It is nice to see the same kind of T I have in action back in the day. It is also a great little short. You can't go wrong with Harold Lloyd.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 07:36 pm:

Mark, I finally got around to looking up Dr. Bumstead. Wonderful stuff, I bet you had a lot of fun with that gig !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 09:35 pm:

I have one just like that! Only it usually behaves. Although it is an Athiest. I tried to drive it to church twice and both times it broke down!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 10:11 pm:

I liked it. Great! Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration