Where to get a little advice on some body work

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Where to get a little advice on some body work
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 12:55 pm:

Do any of you fellas know where I might look to find some advice / detailed "how to" instructions on how to take some dings and dents out of the cab on my TT. Understand that right now I know nothing about doing this sort of work. But thought that if I could find some help I can learn. I was a saw filer my whole working life so do know how to move steel but I have never tried any body work. Thanks Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 01:42 pm:

Steve,

See if your local community college has auto body courses. I took one and learned a lot about how metal responds to certain inputs. If you can't find a course, maybe see if a local body guy would be willing to show you some basics after hours for extra cash. Or ask them for some junk fenders and doors, pick up a decent set of hammers and dollies, and practice without risk of damaging your TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 01:43 pm:

Lots of videos on YouTube you could watch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 02:06 pm:

I use this forum, lots of good advice.

http://autobodystore.com/forum/index.php

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

Practice, Practice, Practice. Some good tips from others along the way will help. Getting the feel of the metal is essential. It is best to start with less valuable parts first. I would think there are some good U-tube videos on this.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 02:59 pm:

All of the above. Or come by my place and we'll get the hammers, dollies, and torch out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 03:04 pm:

Steve,

Unless it is rust repair the is a structural issue - you might want to leave your TT as is ....

There ain't another one like it .....

I always prefer the rusty crusty survivor ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 03:14 pm:

I like the 26-27 coupe. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 05:43 pm:

Just say "no" to Improved Cars. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration