OT. Secret Santa

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT. Secret Santa
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 01:23 pm:

Every year at this time many good deeds are done by generous people to help others, without the thought of being thanked or recognized. This is a short story of one such person. The MTFCA museum has a depot hack that is covered with lights that is displayed outside on good weather days to brighten the area during the Christmas Holidays. Justin, our head docent, was trying to trace down the culprit causing some of the lights not to work, when our Secret Santa comes in to chat. He does this from time to time as he criss crosses the USA delivering cars to new owners. As he and Justin work, a few visitors arrive to the museum and Justin is called upon to assist them. Our Secret Santa continues to look for the cause of the non working lights for quite a while, and finally tells Justin the lights are a lost cause, and that he will be back in a little bit. He takes his sleigh, actually a Ford 350 with a rather large white trailer attached, and drives to Walmart and purchases several new LED strings of lights, enough to redo the entire car. We now have a brighter, better lit Christmas Car on display for all to enjoy.

I purposely did not divulge our Secret Santas name, but those of you that regularly visit the forum know him well. A big thank you to our Secret Santa, and to all the other Secret Santas out there. Merry. Christmas!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 02:13 pm:

Jerry, That's wonderful and very nice of him! I think I know who you're referring to also... :-)

I think it would also be really nice to see a picture of the decorated Depot Hack all lit up while parked in front of the Model T Museum.

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 02:16 pm:

We will see. What we can do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 02:40 pm:

What a good deed!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 03:04 pm:

What a nice Santa... but did he get any milk and cookies?

And tell him the lights still need to be put up on my house!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 04:54 pm:

We used to do the "secret santa" thing.
We would find a family at church that was going thru a hard time.
We would place a present at their door a few days before Christmas with a note saying that a Secret Santa was going to visit them each evening and they couldn't try to see him or the spell would be broken.
This would go on until Christmas Eve when we showed up with a pile of presents and food.
They were always excited and some even cried!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Kramer on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 11:56 pm:

Thanks to our Secret Santa, this Christmas Depot Hack was proudly on display for the Historic Richmond Depot District Old Fashioned Christmas Festival at the MTFCA Museum.

view 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 12:08 am:

Normally I would love to add something positive to this thread, but tonight some a---ole took a shotgun to the sign in front of the local Jewish temple. I'm not Jewish, but this is supposed to be America, the land of the free, etc. Right now I'm pi--ed off and embarrassed. What the hell is wrong with people?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 12:44 pm:

Hi Kim,

So nice to see you & Jerry last night at Sheba's ...

Thank you for letting your husband out of the house to do all the good things year round for the museum.

I got to see the 3rd floor train display for the first time at the furniture store !

Merry Christmas :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 01:00 pm:

Hi Kim, That's a really nice picture. Thank you for posting it!!!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

It is no Secret that Santa is a Good Guy.

Merry Christmas

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration