Bent Pedal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Bent Pedal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 09:53 pm:

When depressed my reverse pedal rubs the low pedal so it needs to be bent to the right . The book and a couple of forum posts say to bend the pedals cold. Has anyone done this successfully? Don't want a broken pedal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 11:09 pm:

I have bent lots of pedals cold without a problem. It ain't easy but you can do it. Be sure to do it in a way that does not put any stress on the hogs head. I use two large adjustable wrenches with brass inserts and it doesn't even scratch the paint. If you can get some help it is much easier as a two man job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 08:45 am:

I was shown a tool once that was made for bending pedals, but can't remember if it was "original" or homemade. Anyone know?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 02:32 pm:

I have a Ford Z tool that is a "pedal bending" iron - it's out in the shop - I'll grab a photo & the number later. Apparently it's rather rare is what the Ford Tool Club folks wrote me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 02:49 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 07:14 pm:

Hey Bill. I'll buy all three for the price listed😀

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 08:37 pm:

I don't want to have to bend one it is cool they made the tool to do it with..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 08:13 pm:

Here's the photos of my Ford tool:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 08:32 pm:

I'm no expert but that has to be rare- never seen one.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration