Old Photo - Violinst Seeger Family On A Road Trip, 1921

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Violinst Seeger Family On A Road Trip, 1921
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 08:37 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 10:02 am:

The youngest is Pete Seeger, born in 1919.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 10:07 am:

What a great pic !! The trailer must be their rolling stage/caravan.. I just love it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 10:15 am:

I've seen that photo before. It's still great! BTW: A friend of mine, also names John, did the sound for Pete's concerts in his later years. John said that Pete Seeger was a great guy, but could get intense about social issues that concerned him. The Weavers are still my favorite folk group.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 10:16 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 12:52 pm:

Interesting way to fold the hood but what keeps it there other than going 10 mph pulling that trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

I ain't never seen a water bag that big, must be thirsty. Dave in Bellingham, WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/670827.html?1472299943

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/419942.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 01:47 pm:

I wonder why the hood is propped up?? Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 02:14 pm:

Crank holder and heavy rope, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 05:31 pm:

It was common to prop a hood up that way when travelling slow and pulling/carrying a heavy load. It helped with engine cooling. Well, maybe a little.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 11:27 pm:

Also lets the heat out quicker to help keep the passengers cooler.
We always did that on the early farm trucks when we were loading hay pulling a hay loader.
Notice the neat delivery car across the street too.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration