My new touring car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: My new touring car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 09:50 am:

My new touring car, got tied up during delivery, but I'm sure it only temporary.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 10:21 am:

Don't think I'd want to be on the side favoring gravity!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 10:45 am:

Is that French? (the posters I mean). Anyone notice the brackets on the running board? They look like their for a tank of some sort but the apparent electric head lights threw me. Guessing the steering went over center and forced him sideways. Sure hope he wasn't going up originally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 10:55 am:

Ah, those crazy Frenchies! I wonder where this was ?!?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 03:26 pm:

Good one Warren! Freighter Jim would never let that happen.

Walter, you're right. The guy on the left wheel wasn't too smart.

Charlie, somewhere here on the forum is a picture of this car and driver starting the treck down the stairs at the top. Don't know why people thought they had to do these dumb things to prove something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 07:02 pm:

?? I've no clue Tim, but for some reason, driving Ts on stairs was quite the thing, especially early on when the T was first introduced. Can't say I ever saw any pictures like this one where the stunt went wrong, though !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 07:05 pm:

The fellow standing below the Model T may have won the Darwin Award for that year shortly after the picture was taken....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kurt Baltrusch on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 07:42 pm:

They'd gain a foot if they raised the top!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 08:19 pm:

How do you know that they aren't pushing it UP the stairs!

Looks like the wheel on the front upper side is broken and laying on it's side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 11:22 pm:

Going down stairs can be a lot more dangerous and tricky than one might think! With the back end lifted up several feet by the stairs, and each step landing level? The caster is BACKWARDS! One wrong move and the steering goes all over to kink and slams into the wall! Just like it did.
If you ever have to take a model T down steps (long enough for the wheel to land on the level)? Go very slow, and with a VERY firm hand on the wheel. Like you do when backing up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 09:05 pm:

Some additional information on the story, added for educational purposes:

At the thread http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/699447.html?1480953162 Mundinho Falcao on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 05:28 am: posted the links below to the story. It was a bet and there are some other photos of the car.

http://www.anousparis.fr/culture/les-exploits-de-lacrobate-rogeo

Google translation:

….in July of the same year [1926]. Rogéo had bet 40,000 francs with a rich American, he descended the stairs from the street of Alsace, along the East Railway Station, at the wheel of a car. Arriving in an old Ford, he shook hands with the journalists who were waiting. No agent in sight. Rogéo and marched up the stairs. A shot of untimely wheel was skidding the car burst a tire, a wheel twisted, and the car stumbled against the ramp. The acrobat ends up at the police station. Especially since the Model T was not for him.She had entrusted him ... and he makes repairs! He gained one month in prison and fined 5,000 francs. At its output, Rogéo was penniless.

http://www.parisrues.com/rues10/paris-10-rue-d-alsace.html

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b9025847k.r=Rogeo?rk=42918;4

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b9025860f.r=Rogeo?rk=85837;2

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 11:12 am:

Those type of activities are way cool if successful. When not, the perpetrator ends up looking like an idiot, and usually there's a price to pay...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 01:02 pm:

Walter, Tim & Michael, I believe the man on the down side is in fact the driver of the car.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 02:04 pm:

My first cousins' sisters' great aunt twice removed from my paternal great grandfathers' next door neighbors' second cousin did that - not me ..... :-)

Le Freighter Jim'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 08:23 pm:

Good one Freighter Jim!!!! I like it, I clicked on the like button several times, but nothing happens.

Happy motoring,

Warren

I just got to start Seabiscuit first

Seabiscuit

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration