Old Photo - just to find a lot like this today.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - just to find a lot like this today.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 10:49 am:

p

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 12:39 pm:

Enough of these modern cars ! Where are the T's ? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 02:24 pm:

That's right, Burger! All of those modern cars.

"If it hasn't got a hand crank, it's just another used car."

Sorry boys, but this applies to Model As, too.

And if you hang around the brass car gang often enough, you will hear that "Real antique cars don't have front doors".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 04:37 pm:

By this time the Model Ts were so not in demand that if one was traded in it usually had a place at the very back of the lot. My grandfather told about buying his sons, a model T every spring for about 10.00, starting about 1936 when they were able to drive. The boys would then spend some time making the car road worthy and then take the car to Yellowstone for a 2 week fishing trip. They lived in Ogden Utah so it was quite a trip. My uncle told me that breaking down along the way was no problem since every farmers field contained one or more Ts and the farmers were very free with anyone who needed parts. Maybe a simpler time, or not. Harv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 12:40 am:

I remember oldtimers telling me at different times growing up about how
the jump from Model T era cars to "modern" cars was so substantial, and
how overnight, Model T era cars became obsolete, quaint novelties, or junk
out along the fence line.

Growing up in a rural area, these early cars (or remnants of them) were just
about everywhere we kids looked. Amazing how the post-Depression generation
kids found their parents' "don't throw anything away" junk piles annoying and
something to be embarrassed about. Something to be cleaned up as soon as
Uncle Ernie died. From being commonplace in the 70's, they are a rare sight
today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 11:56 pm:

Harvey, as a previous resident of the great state of Nevada, I suggest you have the perfect last name for a Nevada resident. Cash is king!!!!!.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration