Hand brake/clutch lever angle.......?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Hand brake/clutch lever angle.......?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 01:55 pm:

I think the parts manual shows this to be 90 degrees to the supporting shaft... is this correct? It seems the ones I have had in my hands have all been bent to the left of vertical. I am interested in what others know about this.........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 02:27 pm:

If you mean vertical when looking at the hand brake lever from behind, then yes, they came from the factory in a vertical orientation.

That being said, many folks (like me) bend them to the left to make more room for their left leg and foot.

If you decide to bend yours, be careful not to go too far, or the top of the handle will rub a hole in the left side footwell trim panel (speaking from personal experience). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 04:04 pm:

I would bet a few Model T mechanics in the day, would make this kind of adjustment for new owners on there first visit, just my speculation.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration