Transmission Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Transmission Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Baker on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 02:53 pm:

I have a new project 26/27 roadster pickup with a 23 motor in it. Taking motor and trans apart for inspection and cleaning. The hogs head was off and very dirty. I'm taking apart my transmission but when I get to where the 3 driven gear sleeve washers should be none are there. All bushings and gears seem to be fine. Do I need to order these washers and install them when I reassemble.
Transmission

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 03:08 pm:

No, that's an early bush that has a thrust flange on it, put your clutch hub back on and check how much float is in the drums.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 04:08 pm:

Checking drum float (about 11:28 into the video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tLpCghRMMw&t=512s&list=PLYG_lIhIwKyLG8WQm4tGmKK 1nA0Yctp6G&index=22

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Baker on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 08:40 pm:

Mark thanks for the link it has a lot of good information

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 09:07 pm:

That's just one video of an entire series, check out the entire series!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration