Model T Era - Champion Spark Plug Ad

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model T Era - Champion Spark Plug Ad
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 07:42 pm:

Cool ad Jay! And right in my own backyard practically.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 08:46 pm:

That was a popular fan style that year. (or artistic license)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 11:24 am:

Hi Richard, interestingly, although plastic and electrically-driven, the two fans on my Dodge Magnum are of that design with the ring connecting the tips of the blades.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 01:21 pm:

The fan on our 1915 Oakland is that type of fan. I'm thinking they were made by a supplier for several manufacturers of automobiles. As best I can tell, the Oakland used AC spark plugs from the factory though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 01:56 pm:

Those type fans did several things, they kept the blades from bending and cracking, they threw water off the "slinger" ring and they keep the fan from setting up the wop-wop from the fan blades especially where there are an even number of blades.

Rick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration