It's A Bird - 1930 Stop Motion - It's On Topic......Sort Of.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: It's A Bird - 1930 Stop Motion - It's On Topic......Sort Of.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 09:47 pm:

Excerpt from a bizarre early stop-motion animation piece featuring Charley Bowers and a metal-eating bird. The creature devours junk from an auto scrapyard, then lays an egg that hatches and grows into a brand new car!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4I15-7L0ss

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 01:14 am:

Reminds me of Wallace and Grommit, but 70 years older.

Love the way he eats the wheel !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 11:18 am:

Not sure what year the "new" car is but guessing in 10 years + we will see what the next metal egg is :-)

I like the video and my kids grew up with Wallis and Grommet, brings back memories. Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 03:11 pm:

I look at old movies like that and wonder how they made them. No computers in 1930. I had one of those coal oil heaters with that burner in it and I wish I still had it. I think I paid 20 bucks for it in the 90s. I ran diesel in it and I'd sure have to now because I saw kerosine in the hardware store the other day and it was about $10 a gallon. So much for those dual fuel carburetors to save money on gas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 04:29 pm:

Wow. Just wow. What a piece of work that is.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration