OT- FWD factory shipping room-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT- FWD factory shipping room-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 06:38 am:

I imagine a lot of these trucks were used in the First World War, along side of the Model T ambulances.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 08:04 am:

is one of those mine???. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 08:48 am:

I got room for two.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 11:00 am:

i guess not mine has iron wheels, it was built in 1917 by the Micheal motor car co, charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 11:50 am:

Got to ride on one of these once. There used to be an all truck nationals show behind the post office in Barrington, NH. I can't imagine putting a days work on one of these things. Once around the field and I think my kidneys bled

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 12:05 pm:

Dumb question: are these trucks complete and awaiting shipment with bodies to come later (like the early TT's), or is this a photo of an assembly room? I'm guessing they're complete due to the lack of parts and workroom around each unit, but.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 12:07 pm:

And then I read the title. It's a "Shipping" room. Dang, sometimes old age is a punishment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 03:26 pm:

FWD got government contracts for so many trucks that they could not keep up, they sub-contracted truck production from several suppliers. Engines came from Wisconsin Engine Co. and they too could not fill the demand and sub-contracted their engines from Falls and others. Thus there were FWD trucks with Wisconsin engines but the trucks and engines had never been in Wisconsin!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Martin on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 04:27 pm:

I can see four workers......N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 04:41 pm:

One cab with a roof in the back row, deluxe model!! Not for the Army.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 10:25 pm:

They look similar to the Nash Quads from the mid teens. Thanks for sharing.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration