Old photo - Do you all this that this may be my T?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old photo - Do you all this that this may be my T?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Whitaker, Oklahoma City on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 12:05 pm:

Gary Hammond recently posted a thread with an old photo of a T in Indiahoma, OK. Looking at it closely, I think it might be an old pic of my car. I know nothing of my car's history.

The fender brace is right, and my T has an accessory front spring with bumps on it that has holes so you can oil the the spring. Looking closely at the pic (it's not the best of quality) it seems that you can see those bumps on the spring.

The radiator is different, my T got a new accessory radiator in 1940 (according to the date code on the radiator).

I have some holes in the driver's running board which could have been for the accessory they show attached to it in the pic.

I've included a pic of my T when I first got it.

What do you all think?

Indiahoma TMy T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 12:18 pm:

Cameron,

If it is yours, your car is missing the front apron but that could have been discarded years back.
Interestingly, the screw holes for the cross brace would match up. Also, notice the cross brace is not perfectly centered it seems to be offset the slightest amount toward the drivers side same as yours.

If it's not your car it's a twin.

Pretty cool stuff.
Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 12:31 pm:

To me the brace looks like an excellent match. I don't know about the running board thing. The picture doesn't show enough detail for a positive ID, but it could be a luggage rack. Those generally screw on and don't require holes. But it could be something else that does.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 01:12 pm:

It looks like the same color too! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 01:36 pm:

The "running board thing" looks like an adapted piece of wood furniture, note that the vertical pieces appear to be round turnings. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 02:01 pm:

Looks like the sign on top of the building says Lawton with an arrow pointing to the right so it is in Oklahoma.
I would say that is your car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 03:10 pm:

I don't know...the wheels look like they are gray in the first picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 04:15 pm:

Looks like it to me....sun filter applied

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 04:23 pm:

It is definitely yours. If anyone says it's not ask them to prove it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 05:12 pm:

It sure looks like yours to me - get busy finding a radiator apron and an old piece of furniture to make a running board rack from to make it even more faithful to the picture! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 05:24 pm:

You ought to take a picture of your car at about the same distance and angle as the one in the old photo and do a side by side comparisons. But in my opinion, it's a match!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 07:48 pm:

Usually if you try to find history on a car you'll run into a dead end real quick, but a complete survivor car will often have spent decades in one place. Do some "detective work" if it suits your interest, you might be surprised what you learn. If hunches are worth a damn, I'd say you own the car in the picture. I hope you dig for the history and I hope you're successful and can tell us the rest of the story sometime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 08:01 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 09:21 pm:

Remember this particular brace was designed and sold in Wichita Falls, Texas - 45 miles south of where this picture was taken.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 09:35 pm:

One of those braces made it to Pennsylvania. This car is on on Pittsburgh Craigslist right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 10:00 pm:

It looks like it. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 10:29 pm:

I believe that the two cars pictured are the same.....this also happened to me:

1959:

2016:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 06:22 am:

This is the best I could do trying to enlarge and sharpen it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Otto on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 09:07 am:

There's one on Craigslist with the same cross bar set up.
Https://martinsburg.craigslist.org/cto/5907897026.html
No connection with seller

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 04:04 am:

The one on Craigslist is offset to the right slightly...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 06:36 am:

Those braces were very common in the Midwest. Several folks in the Nokin T Club had them either on the car or off.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration