Diameter of ring gear

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Diameter of ring gear
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Riley on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 05:07 am:

Hi All - Sorry, I don't have a Model T, but I'm looking at fitting a standard Model T 11:40 ring gear and pinion to another car I'm restoring (a vintage Salmson GS8). Could somebody please tell me the outside diameter of the ring gear? The largest diameter over the tips of the teeth is what I need.

Many Thanks, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 08:41 am:

John, Its about 8 1/8" on the one i have, hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Riley on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 09:10 am:

Thanks for that John, that means it will just fit!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration