Has anybody ever seen a Model T gas tank seat?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Has anybody ever seen a Model T gas tank seat?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 08:26 pm:

Today while buying a pile of T parts in the pile was a Model T gas tank seat. The old-timer who I bought the pile from was explaining that when you bought a key chassis without a body you could buy this suit instead of driving on the gas tank. Your thoughts please I have never seen one I'm feeling like it is pretty rare. There is a stamp on the back of the backrest that those say gas tank seat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Banks on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 08:32 pm:

Check this out
http://www.google.com.na/patents/US1496693

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Banks on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 08:37 pm:

Here is an image

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

NEAT!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 01:19 am:

Thank you very much for your response and for the link that was a pretty cool read have a great night all

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 09:09 am:

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/252672986807

After receiving a few email inquiries about selling this last night I listed it on eBay this is the link

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 09:25 am:

I'll bet that's a hard piece to find. That's a new one for me. Its amazing that it survived.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 10:46 am:

Wow, would have never thought something like that ever existed. Cool!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 10:55 am:

I sure could use that while waiting for my seats to come back from being recovered ! I'd have liked to get a few more hours on the car before this bad weather !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Holman on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 02:56 pm:

What's the story on the 21" HD in the background ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Myers on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 03:25 pm:

I think they commonly call these "suicide seats"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 10:24 pm:

The bike is a 1932 HD C single 500cc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 01:41 am:

Whee doggie!

Ilearned something new today!

Thank you, James and Allen!

: ^ )

-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 09:27 am:

Neatest thing I've seen in a while! thanks for sharing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 09:42 am:

Tanks a lot for the post! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 10:53 am:

The Jan-Feb 2000 issue of The Vintage Ford pg 14 has photo of one of these seats. That issue also says the May-June 1999 issue page 29 shows the seat in use on a Snowmobile chassis. The photo and note were sent in by a Bob Weis of New Hampshire. I found the photo looking for a index of articles in the VF.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration