Horn Identification

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Horn Identification
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Miller on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 08:16 am:

Anyone have any insight on the identification of this horn? I bought it at a swap meet and told it was a Model T horn, but I am not sure that is correct. I am not able to find any markings on it. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 09:10 am:

May be a Delco-Remy. Looks much like mine, including the mounting bracket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Miller on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 09:45 am:

Thanks Dave. Are you using the Delco Remy on your speedster?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 10:39 am:

It is a Delco. Very common horn used on Chev's in the '30s, and pickups too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

OH NO!! A Ch**y part sold as a Model T part!!
BAD KARMA!!!
:-)
yep, looks like a GM part to me too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 02:53 pm:

it may be a chev but 40s in the 30s they used delco mod 16s. that is what h-d used also. i cut up a lot of them to make h-d horns. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Miller on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 03:53 pm:

Well, it is good to know what type of horn it is. Glad I did not pay much for it. It may still get used until I get a proper horn. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 04:13 pm:

Tim - Yes, I'm using one on my Speedster. It's the one my dad, and his dad before him had in it since the late 20s. I remember the sound of it from when I was a kid, and wanted to keep it in the car when I rebuilt it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration