'Tired' Kitty

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 'Tired' Kitty
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 09:01 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 09:11 am:

Hi Jay, we had a cat that looked just like that one. Her name was Inky, her best friend was a big Lab/Shepherd, and she lived nearly 20 years. She was a better watchdog then most watchdogs. I still miss her, more then a decade after her passing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 09:26 am:

Regarding cats: "Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in the universe has a purpose."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 09:53 am:

Nice pic Jay. Not particularly a cat lover, per se, but I tolerate them. Now our dog, that's another thing. She'd eat 'em for supper. That said, John C, I get what you're saying. They're hard to lose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 10:11 am:

We had the cat in the photo for 16 years. He passed away two years ago. He was the only cat we've ever had that would take commands just like a dog. It certainly is hard losing a loyal furry friend!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 10:34 am:

Jay, my sympathies. He does look like a nice kitty. My sister had a real cool cat, brindle color, very unique. Her name was Autumn. I loved that name for her. She thought she was part human, part dog. She literally begged to be petted. Now that cat I could've easily taken home with me! She too is now gone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 10:42 am:

When I was a kid we had a cat that would sleep inside the empty hogshead, (no transmission installed yet), of a Model T engine. Would climb in & out of the 4th main opening. (obviously with the 4th main removed, ha ha)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 10:45 am:

Purrfect place for a cat - most cats likes to feel more protected inside something (like the classic card board box) while still having the ability to keep a lookout :-)

I remember our family feline friend Smirnoff who would have been 21 today, had he not passed two years ago. A mother - daughter team has replaced him, a house isn't really a home without a cat IMHO..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 11:58 am:

I agree Rodger, A house isn't really a home without a cat. We have 2 indoor cats now to keep us company.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 12:06 pm:

Beautiful animals in the pictures !

" . . . all the creatures great and small,
The Lord God made them all."

I love all our crew- felines, canines, equines, ovines, bovines, and avians.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash Southeastern Ohio on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

Here is mine. Tinker was 20 when she passed this year. I rescued her from a home with 30 other cats from a crazy cat woman.
She was born with no tail, not even a stub.
I sure do miss her when I go home in the evenings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 12:43 pm:

Critters are better than kids because it is legal to kill and/or eat them. :-)

Any parent who doesn't understand this humor is brain dead.

The oleo leaper death dog from hell, in her favorite area of operations:

We keep stripey sleens in the three major stripe groups, fine, medium, and
coarse:

Meatloaf, coarse:

The Fat, medium stripes:

and The Steve, fine striping:

All are abused and forced in to a life of constant struggle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 02:42 pm:

Any old car lover who has had to deal with a mouse nest somewhere/anywhere in an old car should appreciate cats. They are amazing creatures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 02:53 pm:

I have never had a cat but my dogs wouldn't care for the competition. I had a golden retriever that died of cancer 2 years ago and still think about her. The wife bought me another retriever in 2015 and know i wouldn't know what to do without BUDDY. He is a model T and A car rider for sure!! If hears either of them start he comes running for his ride every time... Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 02:57 pm:

Nice cat! I'll admit I'm a cat guy, not so much dog. When in trade school many moons back we were bored one night (alcohol might be involved) and decided we needed a pet. So my roommate and I grabbed a local paper and looked in the pets section for free animals. Found a lady with free kittens so we ran over to her house and picked up the last one. She shouldn't have given us the kitten because she wasn't weaned from mama cat yet but we were stupid young guys. Luckily Scanner as we called her (told you there was alcohol involved) turned out be the best cat ever. She'd come on command and was extremely affectionate.

After trade school my roommate took her home with him, I was pretty bummed because I really liked her. Then one day he called me and said his Mom wanted the cat gone. Scanner was with me for a few years then unfortunately died at the young age of seven. Not sure what happened to her, vet couldn't find anything wrong.

Now we have a mutt dog and for some darn reason she likes to ride in the "t" and is always waiting at the garage door so "Dad" can take her for a ride - go figure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 02:59 pm:

A mouse would be suicidal to hang around here. I have 6 cats. Cats come and go. They go out hunting, tomcatting or get run over. I've had as few as one and as many as 20. It seems like the friendly ones disappear and the skiddish ones stay longer. My trusty dog ain't going anywhere, she's to fat to go hunting. My chickens all went down to my cousin's since he lets his roam free too. Maybe he feeds them better, either way I just go get eggs from him. This cat was helping me adjust rod bearings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 03:39 pm:

My fiancÚ has 5. I have one. It's gonna be fun... Like herding cats!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 05:38 pm:

Wife's black cat, like in picture, is named Dillinger. She feeds several strays, except they don't stray very far from the feed dish, and says they keep the mice and snakes away. She also raises a small dogs mostly shih tzus and yorkys. Dogs bark at the cats and the cats just go "ho-hum where's the food?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 05:40 pm:

Nearly all my life, I/we had a cat. Sometimes only one, sometimes eight to ten, usually three or four. We've had so many that were so nice, loving, and good companions. Over the years, nearly a dozen that I miss like family after they are gone. I don't understand not liking cats. I know a lot of people that don't like them. Some very good people don't like cats. But I reckon I will have cats as long as I live. Kind of like model Ts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 07:36 pm:

Hmmmm.I've never seen a very good person who doesn't like cats. I'm not sure that's possible.

We had a black one like in the first photo. Her name was Stevie, as in Stevie Nicks. Lived to be 17. We had her cremated, and my wife has left instructions that the ashes are to go in the casket with her if she goes first. We've had a few cats since her, but none have come close to Stevie, in my wife's eyes. Until Anna. Can't post a pic right now, but Anna is a long haired Tuxedo cat. And while I think a cat should have proper stripes, I must make an exception for Anna. They don't come no sweeter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 07:38 pm:

A big kitty resting in an ol snag

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 08:16 pm:

Steve, he ain't resting - he's afrAid for his life. How far off are the hounds ? 😳

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 10:25 pm:

The Fat (pictured above) often aids in my computer/typing work, as she is
doing now. Extremely vocal. I've never seen a cat "talk" so much. Has to
tell me all about "everything". She likes to sleep on our heads like a fur hat.
Great in winter, but not so much in summer !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

When I was a kid, we had a tough cat that wasn't afraid of any dog. I saw her chase a German Shepard once. Cornered, the dog jumped into a small tree, The cat went up after him (her?), the dog jumped down and ran the other way. Never saw him again.
Believe it? Or don't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 10:42 pm:

Corey,
Those are some pretty cool 'antenna' on your tuxedo cat. Probably gets darn good radio reception!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 10:54 pm:

When we were building our house about 20 years ago a cat showed up. The cat hung around, and I wasn't particularly a cat person. So on the third day I planned on catching it and turning it in to the pound.

When the cat showed up that morning she had a gopher to show me. Right then and there I decided that she had a job.

She was an outside cat, and got at least one gopher per day. The most I ever saw was 3 in one day.

Unfortunately, after about 7 years she failed to show one morning. Best guess is that the coyotes got her. We've taken on several other cats since for gopher control, but they usually only last a month or two. At this point we've given up on feeding the coyotes.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 11:01 pm:

I never really thought about it but it does have some long whiskers. That one and this factory bobtail are the two most helpful. Their dad was full blood Manx but tux has a tail and the other got a nub of a tail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 11:05 pm:

"Factory Bobtail" That's funny!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Falconer, Saskatchewan, Canada on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 11:07 pm:

My T purrs like a kitten, and Tippy agrees!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 11:25 pm:

You crusty old t'ers seem to have a soft spot for your fur kids. I can not imagine having a home without one or 2.

Our cat, Lucifer, seemed to have 9 lives and lived each one to the fullest. We finally did the humane thing and helped her along to her next adventure. After 17 years it was one of the most difficult things we had to do. It still hurts 2 years later. Think it may be time to consider another fur kid,

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 11:47 pm:

Brass Car Guy, Go for it! Pets are a comforting thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 11:30 am:

This is Hope

Notice she is missing a front "leg"My wife and I are foster parents for the local Pet Shelter. Hope came to us after getting away from her original owners and getting hit by a car, we got her while she was convalescing and after 3 months she had bonded with Jewel so we kept her. We still do foster but mostly with Kittens and Hope always made sure they got their bath.

Sadly after 8 years she developed cancer and we had to let her go home. We always have room for one more!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 11:37 am:

Wishing I could post pix, Hannah, our younger Border Collie has taken to the Model T like . . . well, like a sheepdog to the sheep ! She was the most enthusiastic passenger during November when we could still go for a drive, now that "Liz" is in the shop building for winter tinkering, she gets in and lies on the seat while I work on the car. Animals make your life better!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke----central TX. on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 01:46 pm:

I don't have any pictures right now, but we have 4 cats and three dogs. the outdoor cats are always trying to get inside and the dogs can't wait to go out (except for the goat dog who wants to go in). the oldest of the dogs is always up for a ride in any car, but can't quite get into the bed of the pick-up. He needs a little help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 07:24 pm:

Four of our six cats heard I needed help, so they showed up. The other two were still sleeping.

Patches worked to hard.

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 11:15 pm:

Tha's not a black cat !! It's a paper panther.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 11:52 pm:

In my opinion, A house is just not a home without some cats and dogs in your life to put a smile on your face when you need it the most. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration