E timer power consumption

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: E timer power consumption
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 09:02 am:

I have just added my name to the E timer list (I hope) and I am just wondering if a good mag charging a 12 v battery through the diode/light bulb charger will keep up with the power demand of an E timer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 09:46 am:

Here's a post where the maker tested it with just a 9V transistor battery. The engine ran for half an hour and the small battery wasn't empty by then: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/301342.html?1343105646

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 11:13 am:

I have an etimer on the coupe, performs great. I don't think the etimer itself draws too much power compared to the coils. The coils take about 1.3amps and I would be surprised if the etimer takes 0.05 amps (50mA), probably less. So I think that if the magneto charger keeps up with coils, the addition of the etimer will make no significant difference. 😎

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 04:03 pm:

Wilf, What you are considering will work great and also run your lights EXCEPT you didn't give us you location so that may make a difference depending on your temperature.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 04:45 pm:

Gene
We are located just east of Toronto Ontario .
Our car is a 1914 Runabout gas headlamps which we use very sparingly since it is very hard for us to get Calcium Carbide.
It's bloody cold here right now, but wife and I are snowbirds, so we are off to Gilbert AZ for the winter. We have a model A down there to keep me busy.
Cheers Wilf

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration