1922 windshield glass ordering, measurements?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1922 windshield glass ordering, measurements?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 09:34 am:

Hi, I am trying to order a 1922 lower windshield safety glass locally. Measurements on this is tricky and if it is wrong, it is wrong. Does anyone know the dimensions including the thickness of the safety glass? Also what to tell them to cut the corners round to the correct curved dimension?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 09:51 am:

Take the frame off and take it to the company where you are buying the glass and let them install it then just reattach you windshield frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 09:58 am:

here's a link to Model T Windshield and Closed Body Glass booklet in my photobucket library

http://s290.photobucket.com/user/fordmodelt/library/Model%20T%20Windshield%20and %20%20Closed%20Body%20Glass?sort=6&page=1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 10:11 am:

@Dennis Seth Thanks, for some reason my local glass company is weird about automotive. "We don't do automotive" but they will sell and cut safety glass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 10:18 am:

Here's the price list for glass with drawings and dimensions from Ford: http://www.cimorelli.com/mtdl/1927/1927glassmar.pdf

The '15-'22 lower glass was called G-1A

g1a

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration