OT Ebay BS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT Ebay BS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 01:58 am:

I finally had to air my feelings. You go on ebay to find or look at what's selling Model T for sale and have to go through tons of steering wheel knob girly crap, aluminum radiators or a million signs for man caves, this stuff has its place, but you would think E bay would separate this crap to the right category. Finally got it off my chest. Thank God for MTFCA forum that has a for sale that is related to the hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 04:38 am:

If you learn the search function at ebay, you can exclude most of this stuff. -knob, -aluminum, -sign, -mancave, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 06:57 am:

I have to laugh but I have yet to buy any T stuff off ebay. I've had the same experience, sometime my filters work some times not. I have good luck with 8 track tapes and players off ebay. Doesn't seam to be a big demand for these, which makes me happy :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Dupree on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 07:39 am:

Time to do two things...

One is to report the seller as the spammer that he is. Look for 'report this item' on the listing page.

Second, use 'advance search' in the upper right hand corner of the page to exclude the seller. The 'include/exclude seller' feature is about 2/3 of the way down the page.

Ron Dupree

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 08:12 am:

The fewer the words typed into the search also, the better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 09:12 am:

There are some good T items on Ebay. You can find good deals from time to time if you know what your looking for.
Its a matter of how to look for T parts and how to sift through the rest.
I have 'model T parts' in my favorites bar and always come up with pages and pages of mostly T parts. For instance you can enter Model T engines and parts and etc.
Works for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 09:14 am:

Try using this search:

"Model T Ford" -fits -fit's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 09:16 am:

Just hit "used" on the left side and it gets rid of the majority of the new junk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 09:39 am:

Best I can tell it is 1 vendor to. And it is junk that I wouldn't use if I was building a "rodent rod" any way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 09:50 am:

It would help to narrow down your search If sellers would stop spamming the Ebay search engine with reams of key words designed to chump you into their listing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 10:01 am:

So if you include the minus sign in front of an item description you can eliminate those searches?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 10:06 am:

Correct. Do NOT put a space between the minus sign and the text you want to exclude.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 10:38 am:

In advance go down to "sellers" and click the box in the box type or cut/paste from here; -johnnylawmotors, -macs-auto-parts then click the exclude and save. I got rid of over 2000 listings in new parts that way. When you reopen the listings page remember to save it to your saved book marks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 10:58 am:

Don't get too frustrated. Remember that when eBay first started, it was just the venue and they made their fees when something actually sold. Now with the advent of eBay stores and bulk listing tools, eBay gets their fees when an item is listed wither it sells or not. Sure they get more if it sells, but they are not dependant upon an item actually selling.

So reporting spam vendors and misrepresented items is a waste of time. Ebay doesn't care. It's just churn and burn for them. Buyer beware.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 11:11 am:

Thanks... now to spend some time getting rid of the overflow!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 11:47 am:

I have been able to buy parts for my Farmall M tractor on eBay. I bought a PTO assembly for $10, good brake drums for $10 and good used brake bands with excellent linings for $17. I have also bought a set of Champion X spark plugs for $20.

If you want a good deal you should not be in a hurry and have a lot of persistence.

I might also add I got stuck on a Singer sewing machine. The price was reasonable but the machine was not as represented.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 11:57 am:

eBay sucks. There are better ways to do business.

I used to buy and sell a lot via eBay, but slowly the BS crept
in to a level it was no longer worth my time and aggravation,
so I canned it and moved on.

My time in AFG taught me that when the metal starts flying,
you don't wish it away. You take action. I see wastes of time
and annoyances back home in the same light. I only have so
many good years left. I will spend them as wisely as possible,
and not on stuff that chaps my hide.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 12:10 pm:

This thread is very amusing to me.

There is, in fact, no better way to buy/sell stuff than ebay.

When it comes to selling there is absolutely no other way to reach so many potential buyers for so little money.

When it comes to purchasing there is no other site that offers any where near the amount of products or amount of sellers.

You can't blame ebay for what's listed and how it's listed.

Hell, when I go to the grocery store I don't get angry because there's light bulbs in the paper products aisle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 12:24 pm:

I use ebay but I get so dang mad. They constantly change stuff that does not need changing. Constantly sending me emails telling me I can sell my "device" for mega bucks. What device? I bought my Convoy 2 samsung phone for 20 bucks on ebay. But that does not mean I could that for it if I relisted it. I guess they are talking about those funky things with no buttons to mash that people are staring at all the time.
If they would decide on a format for the posting a item for sale page and LEAVE IT the he-- alone,just that would tickle me pink. I used to could use different colors of text and so forth. Now it is black only. it seems to change about twice a year.
And what really boils my cabbage is when I list a item and something comes up, "List this for .99 to get a starting bid".or "this is taking longer to sell, change starting bid to .99 to make a quick sell". DUH I paid x for it,and it will cost me x to ship it,why in the sam he-- would I want to list it for .99 free shipping? I would loose my butt 10 times over in a hurry. Let the seller decide what it is worth and leave him alone about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 01:12 pm:

Just a heads up, if you some times ship via UPS but have not done so in a while. Ebay now sends you directly to UPS and you have to sign up for an account. Hope that works better as when I have shipped via UPS thru Ebay, the shipping cost was never subtracted at the time of shipping from my Pay-Pal account because the amount shown by Ebay may or may not be correct! :-( A couple of items, I really don't know what the final shipping cost was because I could never find any shipping charges even on my credit card or checking account that is tied to Pay-Pal. Maybe I was never charged! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration