Old Photo - The Youngest Wears The Most Hand-me-downs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - The Youngest Wears The Most Hand-me-downs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 09:06 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 09:10 pm:

Handed down for the third time and to make matters even worse, mom always dressed the oldest brother in a manner that would guarantee he would get beat up at school.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 12:26 am:

I was the youngest of four boys as well. I can testify to the validity of your post, Jay. I did once get a great shirt as a hand-me-down though, but most of the stuff was out-of-date and awful. I did survive, however. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 07:48 am:

Well hand me downs weren't bad as long as you had older brothers, you want to talk about getting beat up in school just show up in your older SISTERS hand me downs! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 09:03 am:

YOU CITY KIDS DON'T KNOW WHAT US FARM KIDS DID FOR CLOTHES. CHICKEN FEED CAME IN 100 POUND SACKS OF DIFFERENT COLORS LIKE CLOTH IN A MODERN DAY FABRIC STORE. THE WOMEN ALWAYS BOUGHT THE FEED TO GET THE COLORS THEY WANTED. THEY MADE DRESSES TABLE CLOTHS CURTAINS AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON MOM MADE MY SHIRTS OUT OF THEM, AND I THOUGHT MY SHIRTS WERE BETTER THAN THE RICH KIDS STORE BOUGHT SHIRTS. IF YOU WANTED A BLOODY NOSE AND A BLACK EYE, JUST MAKE FUN OF MY SHIRT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 11:32 am:

My mother the seamstress made lots of "pinafores" for my female cousins for Christmas. As they were mostly my age, when it came to making them the right length, guess who had to wear those damn dresses while she hemmed them up???????

I had to stand on the kitchen table while she finished them. Of course my older brother stood off to the side and made faces and remarks all the time I was in a dress. This also caused me to wail and cry but to no avail.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 12:51 pm:

I was the recipient of many articles of clothing and toys. Maybe that is partly why I like old things. Mom even had trouble remembering who was who during hectic times. I learned to answer to Bill...Bob.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 07:03 pm:

I was the oldest of three kids. I got hand-me-downs from older cousins.
Somehow, I never really minded that. But I didn't get a lot of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 09:19 pm:

I was very glad to get hand-me-downs. I had an older cousin whose folks were much better off than we were and the clothes that were handed down to me from them were a whole lot better than anything I got new from my folks! I also got his old bicycles and at the time that meant a lot more to me than clothes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 05:12 pm:

My son, Bailey, buys better shoes than I do. Rarely does he wear them totally out.

When he stops wearing shoes in favor of newer ones, I take the older ones and wear them pretty much out.

I call them "My Hand-Me-Ups"

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration