Rear wheel mounting bracket ideas for Speedster please?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Rear wheel mounting bracket ideas for Speedster please?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 03:33 pm:

Hi,
I'm looking for inspiration for fabricating a bracket to mount the spare wire wheel to the rear spring mount/crossmember on my Speedster.
Does anyone have drawings or photos they can post here please?
Thanks & Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 04:24 pm:

Rob - Here are a few pics of mine. Works good for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By King Martin on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 05:40 pm:

I had clearance issues between frame and differential that would not allow a conventional mounted spar tire on my speedster due to lowering the rear end. I took a model a spare tire tube bracket and cut it down to the length I needed. Welded a hub to one end and the other I welded to the rear cross member. I'll send a s picture when I get back

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 07:26 pm:

John McLaren makes and sells this carrier. I have bought 2 and am very satisfied

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 01:51 pm:

Thanks for answering Gents.
I had a look around through the forums dim dark archives and found these pics too.
Again "Thanks", its much appreciated.
Cheers
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By King Martin on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 08:42 pm:

First is a bracket I made out of a model a spare tire mount and welded a t hub on end to mount spare. Worked pretty good considering all the clearance issues I had. I used this mount and it worked great, up to the point that I lowered the speedster by moving spring in front of and below the differential. I no longer need it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 03:52 pm:

Dave, King & Garry,
Thanks for taking the time to answer.
I'm using Model A wires, so I wouldn't have to weld a T hub on the A mount.
But if anybody else has some other ideas to offer, please, be my guest.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 03:55 pm:

Oops....double post.
Sorry 'bout that.
"Seasons Greetings"
Cheers,
Rob

(Message edited by rob patterson on December 16, 2016)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration